Talk

Advanced search

Why has no one noticed my weight loss?

(53 Posts)
dontcallmehon Wed 24-Oct-12 12:06:17

I am losing weight for myself - but it is nice to get compliments ;) Hardly anyone has noticed that I've lost weight. I have gone from 11 stone 10 to 9 stone 8 - so surely it must be fairly obvious by now!

I lost the first stone quite slowly, as I yo yoed a bit, but the last bit has come off quite quickly. I'm 5 foot 7, and have noticed that I've had to buy new clothes, as nothing fits. I'm wondering if it just isn't obvious for some reason, or if people just don't like mentioning weight in case you're offended. I want to lose another 10 pounds or so.

burstingbaboon Wed 26-Dec-12 23:21:24

As my name says....i am really overweigh!! I am atm 118kg ! i need to loose weight and i just saw you guys are talking about intermittent fasters. Can someone tell me how does it work please?
And well done dontcallmehon on your weightloss!!!!

user1486305061 Mon 15-May-17 22:29:55

I feel completely the same and was just about to go on here and write this very thing but noticed your thread. I had a baby in Dec 2016 and have been bf and just finished that now so started seriously trying to loose weight. Aside from my partner occasionally saying a look a bit slimmer - literally no one else has noticed my weight loss - not even my Mum. It's getting me down a little bit. Also I saw a picture of myself from a couple of weeks before my due date and i looked enormous! no joke i'm only 5"2 so i was massive! surely i don't look that big still?
I didn't give my weight much thought when i was pregnant i just wanted to enjoy it - be healthy but not overly concerned with the weight so i reckon i put on around 3-3.5 stones! 2 weeks postpartum i still had a lot of water but i'd lost a stone, 4-6 weeks later i'd lost 2 stone and this final stone and half seems to be hanging around a bit but is slowly coming off. But i have to say i'm loosing the motivation a bit, like if no one can even tell.. does it matter that i'm slogging it out at the gym if i'm always gunna look pregnant or mummy.
Also i know everyone is different but did anyone put on a similar amount of baby weight to me? and if so how long did it take to loose it or to get close to your pre pregnancy weight post birth?
I should mention i had a c section so i wasn't able to do much activity or start exercising until after 8 weeks, Thanks 😀

mycavitiesareempty Mon 15-May-17 22:46:11

I think with pregnancy weight, it'seems not as 'remarkable' anyway because it happens to most women. Eg gain, have baby, lose. Plus, people may not want to comment on post-baby weightloss because it'seems a bit rude and anti-feminist. Well done though.

I definitely think in other cases it is not so much not noticing as not feeling it's one's place to say. I tend to blurt stuff out so that doesn't apply to me but... smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now