Talk

Advanced search

Sugar and your skin, low carbers?

(5 Posts)
Shh2012 Sun 21-Oct-12 12:05:55

Has anyone noticed a big improvement in their skin when they cut down/cut out sugar? Or vice versa, skin a lot worse when eating too much sugar?
I'm asking because this past two days I've had a massive sugar binge (excuse is TOTM) and my skin looks horrible this morning. I haven't got spots but it looks red and blotchy. Just wondered if there's a connection..

mumzy Sun 28-Oct-12 08:26:57

Yes my skin improved when I was low carbing but the other massive improvement was PMT symptoms. All the bloating, mood swings and sugar cravings disappeared even just after a week on the diet.

AlwaysReadyForABlether Sun 28-Oct-12 08:34:23

I have just started a low sugar diet and I'm really hoping to see an improvement in my skin. I've really noticed it looking a bit blotchy and I've definitely had more spots than ever before. I have read that there is a link so I'm interested to see what happens - as well as hopefully losing some weight!

SCOTCHandWRY Tue 30-Oct-12 22:47:42

YY skin wonderful on low carb - look ill if I fall off the wagon for even a day or two (feel ill too). Been low carb/high fat/high protein for a number of years and I notice, not aging nearly as fast as high carb/low fat people I know! Skin needs all those lovely natural fats and proteins you eat on a low carb diet. And I had a baby at almost 43 so I think it's good for your innards and hormones too grin

SCOTCHandWRY Tue 30-Oct-12 22:51:05

Alwaysready - I did notice years ago, when I went from very high carb diet to low carb, my skin got worse for maybe 7 to 10 days before clearing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now