Talk

Advanced search

Idle musing-how much do breasts weigh?!

(9 Posts)
AntoinetteCosway Fri 19-Oct-12 09:34:26

Obviously I know they'll be different for everyone. But when figuring out your ideal weight it would be useful to know wouldn't it...mine are big and always have been, so I'm now a size 6/8 with 30F boobs and used to be a 16/18 with 36GG boobs. I have friends who have much bigger breasts and weigh less than me but complain about being fat. I was trying to explain that if they had smaller boobs they'd weigh less and this would effect BMI etc, but just talked myself into circles...am I making any sense?!

I think what I'm trying to say is that given it's nigh on impossible to spot reduce fat from certain areas and breast tissue varies so much from woman to woman, wouldn't it be useful to be able to weigh breasts and do healthy weight calculations etc without including that weight? After all, being a B cup or a G cup doesn't affect your health in the same way as fat on your stomach, for instance? (Back problems aside!) So at 5ft 5 a healthy weight for someone with G cups might be 10st but someone with B cups might be better off at 9st. (I'm making these figures up btw.)

rubyrubyruby Fri 19-Oct-12 09:42:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Fri 19-Oct-12 09:46:07

Yeah I've wondered this too. I have no answer for you though!

cathyandclaire Fri 19-Oct-12 09:58:31

I had a friend who weighed herself with and without her DH supporting the weight of her breasts ...half a stone difference she said smile

Give it a go and report back...mine aren't heavy enough to register I fear envy

MorrisZapp Fri 19-Oct-12 10:02:00

Yyy! It's so true. I have massive boobs, and feel it's totally unfair that they count towards BMI.

Having said that, I've read on breast reduction forums that when you have a reduction op, you don't lose any weight worth mentioning.

AntoinetteCosway Fri 19-Oct-12 10:04:51

My GP told me to aim for a certain weight when I started my diet, and it bugs me that if I were a smaller breasted person it would be harder to reach that weight...I'm sure I'm over thinking this!

Feet size is obviously important too grin

fatlazymummy Sat 20-Oct-12 14:48:57

If you have kitchen scales then you could flop one on there.You should be ableto get quite an accurate weight if the whole breast is resting on the scale.
I have a feeling that they probably weigh less than you think though.

AntoinetteCosway Sat 20-Oct-12 18:17:57

I've been reading about a method of using water displacement to weigh them...I don't think I can be bothered to do it as it would mean quite a lot of mess and getting wet boobs, but it pleases me that there's a fairly accurate way of doing it out there!

Mine have got to weigh at least 5lbs each. They're bloody huge.

nooka Sat 20-Oct-12 18:23:32

I used to work in breast screening and when I was reading notes for a clinical audit (quality review) read about a lady who had a lumpectomy and as she was large breasted instead of reconstructing the one which had had the tumour they reduced the other side. Apparently they took out a kilogram. I concluded that very large breasts can be very heavy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now