Talk

Advanced search

I'm so disappointed with myself :(

(8 Posts)
AvonCallingBarksdale Tue 16-Oct-12 12:06:20

This is a moan, sorry. IN January 2010, I weighed in at 13st 7lbs. Seeing that on the scales spurred me into action and through exercise, low-fat eating and will power I got down to 10st 3lbs over the course of a year. Felt great, really pleased and happy. My goal weight was 9.12 and for some reason, as I got tantilisingly close to that, I started to put weight back on. I yo-yoed a bit and hovvered around the 10st 7lbs mark. Then, I relaxed a lot, eating pretty much whatever I fancied. Recently I've known that clothes have been tighter and photos look chubbier, so this morning I took the plunge and weighed myself. 11st 12lbs!! What a bloody waste of all my hard work. I allowed myself to eat "normally" ie pigging out on too large portions and the weight has just piled back on sad. Do I just have to accept that this is it, now and I will always need to watch my weight (am 39 btw). Most importantly, will I be able to lose a stone between now and beginning of December? Bloody hell!!!!! angry

40thisisit Tue 16-Oct-12 19:11:15

Avon, I can totally sympathise with you, up until about 3 years ago I was always a healthy 10 to 10 1/2 stone (I'm 5'9). Over the years it's gone wrong, I'm now bang on 12 stone and am so lazy about trying to be good & shift some weight. Every day I wake up & beat myself up as I look in the mirror and can't fit most of my clothes. I really want to lose weight but can't quite get the motivation. I was 40 this year & do think it gets harder with age sad

Caerlaverock Tue 16-Oct-12 19:15:06

Can totally sympathise. I was 11st 12lbs at start of June, now down to 10 6. Losing 2 lbs as week is very realistic. I started my fitness pal a couple of months ago and basically if you log everything and stay within 1200 cal you should be a stone lighter by Xmas. Good luck.

TopC Wed 17-Oct-12 21:11:03

Avoncalling, I know it's hard yo-yoing but diets don't work, it takes a complete attitude flip towards food but that's not a bad thing, it can be a really good thing, and it won't feel like 'watching your weight' forever as it will become second nature.

I used to be the lifestyle ed on a woman's website and met this woman called Janey Holliday who runs Fit for a princess, which is like outdoor training but she's put together online food and exercise training for women which are brills.

She changed my eating with simple stuff like, stop eating fruit, controversial I know but fruit has tons of sugar in it, which makes you want loads more sugar and yet Weightwatchers are pushing it as "free" food, it's so not. And if you eat it after lunch/dinner it just sits on your food fermenting and being gross.
I cut it out and swapped it for veg, like sugarsnap peas and that in itself saw pounds drop off.

I did her food management made easy course and the 28 day body blitz and the good thing is that you get the resources for life. So the body blitz had vids of toning and cardio included which I still access now.

Anyway, she really helped me and I think she talks sense and isn't making a shit load of money off women buying a brand's low-fat products which are full of sugar. Weightwatchers and M&S Count on us, I'm looking at you.
Anyway, have a google for her and check out her info. She does free webinars so you can listen and see what she's all about.
Good luck!

AvonCallingBarksdale Thu 18-Oct-12 09:18:18

Thanks for the replies! I'm just cross with myself for letting my hard work go back down the pan (well, halfway anyway!). Still, onwards and upwards!
Caerlaverock, that's a brilliant loss, well done, very inspiring. I've been writing a food diary and being totally honest, which is good, as I was denying how many extras I'd been eating.
TopC, that's interesting what you say about fruit - that's my pudding/snack staple!! I'll have a look for Janey Holliday. Thanks.

AvonCallingBarksdale Thu 18-Oct-12 09:20:38

40thisisit, I've been motivating myself with teh thought of Christmas "dos" adn not wanting to start the new year fat!! It's a right pain, isn't it!

LordFlasheart Thu 18-Oct-12 09:27:05

Ooo i know how you feel. Just starting to backslide myself and am still a long way away from my goal. I find it hard to keep motivated long term. Had decided to start again today, and try to do some exercise. Make a plan, you can easily get a stone off by xmas :-)

iwanttogetoffnow Fri 19-Oct-12 10:03:00

Hi can I join in? I am 32 mum of twins age 4 one is autistic and scales have been up and down more times than I want to think about.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now