Talk

Advanced search

Late night cravings

(5 Posts)
Fabulousfreaks Sun 14-Oct-12 22:06:22

I can mostly manage to resist treats during the day but after dinner I really struggle to stop myself snacking in the evening. Does anyone have any good tips or advice, it is my hardest time - thanks

Fabulousfreaks Sun 14-Oct-12 22:35:51

Noone else has the same issue when trying to lose weight?

JohnnyDeppsfuturewife Mon 15-Oct-12 11:11:29

Hi, I'm on the no excuses thread and it sounds like late night cravings are common. I definitely think it's the hardest time of day.

I am trying to distract myself by keeping busy so writing xmas cards early (first I've sent for about 5 years), spring cleaning, DIY projects, archiving photos, online browsing at all the lovely dresses I want to fit into by Xmas!

If I really need snacks I go for fruit, a few grapes, banana, carrots or pickled onions. But I always have a glass of water first to give me time to work out if I'm hungry or just wanting to eat because I'm bored or thirsty.

Hope this helps.

bedmonster Mon 15-Oct-12 12:16:06

I would second the distrating idea. I have started my Christmas cards, and cleaning has 2 incentives for me - it means i'm not eating and it also means my house is benefitting!

WillowFae Mon 15-Oct-12 12:28:42

Go to bed?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now