Talk

Advanced search

vlcd weight loss

(11 Posts)
donna12a Tue 09-Oct-12 13:36:11

Hi! I'm doing exante and after my first wk (stuck to it 100%) I have lost 6lb. Just wondered how much weight people lost a wk. My start weight was 13st. Xxx

mummymeister Wed 10-Oct-12 14:41:29

Have lost a couple of stone in 4 months when i did vlcd. the big "but..." in all of this is that it piled almost straight back on again. they are impossible to keep to long term even if you alternate - 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off. am at SW and have lost 3 stone now since June (half way to what i want to lose) if you have more than a stone to lose would say that the VCLD isnt as much use as a longer diet plan. thats just my experience though others may have a different view.

donna12a Thu 11-Oct-12 08:37:52

That's really good! Well done! I was thinking the same. I did ww a few years ago and lost 5 lb in the first wk, and you don't feel like your 'starving' yourself. Will prob use all of my exante up and start ww or sw again. Thank you and well done smile x

shineonucrazydiamond Thu 11-Oct-12 11:02:30

Hello

I started Cambridge in July weighing 12 stone 4 and at a size 14/16

8 weeks later I was 10 stone and now I am 9 stone 4 and a size 8/10 - so yes, I'm a fan! I gradually re introduced food and I now calorie count - this [ in my opinion! ] is the way to go after a VLCD.... anything else could result in a gain. I have never gained since coming off cambridge and continued to lose.

My first loss was 8lbs, then 6 lbs, then I settled in to 3 or so lbs a week.

Good luck!

shineonucrazydiamond Thu 11-Oct-12 11:04:12

And to expand further...

My first week off the plan I stuck to 800 calories a day and gradually increased over the weeks. You are no more likely to put the weight back on that you are with any other diet BUT you will certainly do so if you return to your old eating habits.

donna12a Thu 11-Oct-12 22:08:02

Thank you, I was a little disappointed as I only lost 6lb in the first wk. But I am still sticking to it until my food runs out, its bloody boring tho! Really miss proper food but its worth it and hopefully I'll carry on losing. Did u lose roughly a stone a month? Even tho I'm sticking to this diet, I can't see myself losing the weight as quickly, although a week actually feels like a month on exante smile well done! I'd love to do as well as you have. I turn 30 in December so really need to lose this weight! Thank youuu. X

shineonucrazydiamond Thu 11-Oct-12 23:42:41

Yes, you will lose a stone a month. That is pretty much a guarantee IF you stick to it. So, you're well on track aren't you? next week you will probably be looking at a 4 or 5 lb loss and then you'll have done your first stone in week 3 I should think.

How much do you weigh and how tall are you? This all has an impact.

Try and stick with it. I really did find it mentally very hard. At one point I was lining up chocolate bars in my kitchen and inwardly screaming at myself as I was so desperate to eat them. Another time I ate a chocolate bar in chunks, spitting out every mouthful. Other times I would prowl around my house as my brain screamed at me to 'just have a cake ' ...

How I overcame this I can't really say. My desire to succeed was stronger than my fear of failing and I just KNEW that this time I had to do it. In May 2011 I was actually 15 stone 2lbs so in total I have lost 6 stone. I managed to get to 12 stone ish last November and then just twatted about losing half a stone here and there. It wasn't until late June of this year that I suddenly thought... now! do it now! So I did.

The rewards are worth it. I have so many amazing clothes in size 8, I put them on and can't quite believe that I did it. Or I catch sight of myself in a mirror and do a double take. I know that every hour seems like about 4 years on this diet but keep with it - don't waste your hard work so far by eating 'just one biscuit' or 'just one bit of chicken '.. the shops will still sell food when you're done with this diet.

If you want further support just PM me and I can point you in the direction of a very good thread that I might just happen to be the author of some place else grin

donna12a Fri 12-Oct-12 00:01:53

I'm 5ft 4. And started at 13st. I weighed myself this morning and have lost half a stone in 9 days, so not too bad. Is love to fit into size 10 clothes, bet u feel loads more confortable, I just feel horrible in everything I wear. Another thing I worry about is lose skin, because I've had 2 kids I have a bit of lose skin on my tummy, its shrinking but I'm not convinced it will go.back to how it used to. I go to the gym 2 times a wk aswell. Yeah, I defo need that support! X

ChestyNutterStaringInTheWindow Sat 13-Oct-12 10:19:10

Hi Donna smile

Well done!

As said up thread VLCD are the same as any other diet, if you go back to your old eating habits you will put the weight back on.

Stick at it as the results are fabulous.

It is extremely hard though and takes mammoth will power.

Good luck.

ChestyNutterStaringInTheWindow Sat 13-Oct-12 10:22:26

Oooooh shine
What is this thread? I need some support as this is soooo hard!

shineonucrazydiamond Sat 13-Oct-12 13:40:02

chesty - pm me and I will link you. It's not on MN, it's another site - but it's really supportive and it made all the difference to me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now