Talk

Advanced search

Any WW Leaders out there? I need help!

(19 Posts)
amistillsexy Sun 07-Oct-12 22:52:20

I've been following the WW plan for 3 months now, and lost very little weight-about 1/2 a stone, despite tracking and counting everything.

Two weeks ago, I made a huge effort, did tons of excercise (which I didn't add to my daily allowance), and ate less than my daily points allowance most days. I didn't touch my weekly allowance, but I rarely do.

That week, I lost 5lb, but this week, I've put it all back on again, despite counting and tracking everything. This week, I haven't done as much excercise, but that's because I've worked full time so I've been dashing round alot. I also ate in a hotel (work lunch) once, but stuck to salads and fish, and had a meal out with DH (1/2 very this crust pizza-Fiorentina with no cheese).

I'm getting really down about this, so have done a bit of research, and I think my Leader's given me a daily points allowance that is much too high. I've found a couple of descriptions online, and they both gave me an allowance of 33, whereas the leader has given me 40! I'm basically eating at least 7 points a day over, and that's 49 extra a week! sad

If any leaders are reading this, could I PM you my vital stats so you could work it out, and if she's got it wrong, do you think I have any chance of getting my money back for the months I've spent NOT following the plan?

amistillsexy Mon 08-Oct-12 09:00:08

Bumping in the hope someone's around this morning! :-)

CoraBear Mon 08-Oct-12 19:18:35

Hi,

I'm not a leader but I follow weight watchers and at 5 foot 7 and 14 stone I am on 29 points per day. Are you eating the extra 49 points per week as well? It does sound like you are eating too many points if you are not seeing the results, so I would think about dropping down a few points and seeing how it goes.

amistillsexy Mon 08-Oct-12 19:40:09

Hi Cora, thanks for replying. I was feeling a bit lonely!

What you've told me fits with what I'd worked out. I'm 5'11 and weight a little more than you blush, but not enough to warrant 11 extra points, I'm sure!

I've not always used up the extra points, but the leader tells us we should make use of them, so I tend to keep them for, eg, a glass of wine or a piece of cake every now and then.

I'm cross that I've been paying my fees for 4 months and not got very far, and it's all down to an error on the leader's part!

chocolatespiders Mon 08-Oct-12 19:42:11

I weigh 15 stone 2 at 5ft 6in and I am on32 points.. Was on 36 to start with but have lost 2 stone and points have reduced

amistillsexy Mon 08-Oct-12 19:48:44

Thanks, Chocolatespiders. I think your age is also taken into account. I'm 43, which only gets me 1 (maybe 2) point according to the calculator I looked at.

Do you mind me asking how old you are, and how active you are (that has quite a large bearing on overall points allowed as well)?

chocolatespiders Mon 08-Oct-12 20:08:09

I am 37 and not very active in my job.

Do you post on the weight watchers message boards on the website? Someone on there would be able to work out you points.. Or let me have your stats and I will ask on my weight watchers facebook page (my leader posts on there)

I cant blame you for being annoyed as like you said you have wasted 4 months that you could have been losing, but now hopefully it will be put right and you can lose some before Christmas smile

CoraBear Mon 08-Oct-12 20:44:17

I would have gone mental going for the that long and not seeing the results. Tbh I tried not eat/drink my extra bonus points every week. I'd try to use up only a few of them. There's a few online calculators if you just google "How many propoints can I have every day?".

I'm not very active if I'm being honest so I see a pound or so come off every week. You should have a serious word with your leader or the weight watchers HQ because your leader has been stringing you along.

I don't do ww so forgive me if I sound dumb - why does the leader tell you how many points you can have? Is there no booklet where you can double check this yourself?

Also, if you stay to the meetings, can you ask questions there?

amistillsexy Tue 09-Oct-12 22:20:57

Chocolatespiders I've PM'd you with the relevant secret info. Thanks ever so much. I'm not keen on posting all that publicly!

Cora I have been going mad-and the leader was suggesting I had a thyroid problem, which is why I started to check it out after my meeting on Saturday. That's how I found out that others weren't allowed as many points as me!

I've googled, and come up with a much lower points allowance, but then someone suggested they have different allowances in the States, where alot of the stuff posted online comes from. I need good old British info grin.

Fairhaired, that's just the problem! Points are worked out by the leader when you join, and they don't give you any info about how they are working it out. I can ask at the meeting, but I want to know myself if the leader's got it wrong. As Cora says, I've paid for 4 months and got hardly anywhere. That's shock a hundred quid I've paid for (possibly) bad advice!

CoraBear Wed 10-Oct-12 20:02:19

I hope you get the right information. I'd let ww HQ know. She sounds like a very crap leader. Mine was great. She dropped my points as I lost weight and gave me tips when I plateaued.

Alot of the stuff on line is American but there's a good site called minimins that has lots of diet related advice. It's brilliant for finding out how many points are in food.

Good luck!

chocolatespiders Thu 11-Oct-12 20:17:50

I have replied to you - Hope it helps..

Keep going it is by far the best eating plan that I have followed

amistillsexy Thu 11-Oct-12 21:42:45

Thanks for the PMs Chocolate.

Cora, I'll go and have a look at minimins, thanks.

I'll keep going because I know the alternative is that I'll put on even more weight if I'm not keeping track of what I'm eating. It's just so hard to not see any results for the efforts you make!

Thanks, All.

chocolatespiders Thu 11-Oct-12 21:47:40

Are you making sure you weigh things out because that can make a difference. You could post what you are having on a daily basis or write it down to show your leader.
I was a bit slow to lose at the start but know the weight is coming off nicely.

amistillsexy Thu 11-Oct-12 22:19:20

Yes, Chocolate, weighing and tracking everything. My leader's seen my trackers. I've stuck to under 34 points a day this week, and not used any of my extra points.

I've just had a thought..My sister's been doing WW for over a year and she's found it really hard to lose, despite doing loads of exercise. We're very close in age...maybe it's our time of life/genetics (coming from a family of solid ladies!).

Not to worry, I've lost 7lb so far, so I'm going in the right direction. I just need to alter my expectations a little bit!

chocolatespiders Fri 12-Oct-12 21:30:51

I started at 17.2 and have lost 2 stone now.. It has been a very slow burn to be honest and there has been times when I have thought i should be losing quicker as I am big sad But I am so pleased to lose the weight I have and most days I dont feel like I am on a diet plan.

Just about to eat, meringue nest, soya chocolate pudding and chopped banana smile all for 4 points

amistillsexy Fri 12-Oct-12 23:09:48

Mmmm sounds like a great pud!

I had a squash box delivered with my veggie box this week, and I made a ratatouille with peppers, aubergine, red onion, tomatoes, courgette and a lovely orange round pumpkin/squash thingy that couldn't say its name grin.

It was delish and only 1 point each for the 4 teaspoons of olive oil I roasted it in.

I'm now eyeing up my other squashes and thinking of other ways to use them...

Which soya pudding do you use? Is it an ALpro one? I WANT that pudding!
I do a nice Eton Mess with meringue nests broken into 0% Fat Greek Yoghurt with raspberries....

Weigh in is tomorrow, and I've used no more than 34 points each day, and 5 extras from the weeklies. That's not bad is it?

I'm actually scared that I'll not have lost. I think I'll cry sad.

chocolatespiders Sat 13-Oct-12 11:48:12

Well after an excellent honest tracked week for me I have put on 2lbs sad No reason for it just one of those things. I shall move on and put it behind me as I am in it for the long term.

I wondered if I ate to much late last night, I had my dinner last which was waitrose crispbake, carrot and swede mash, sprouts and cabbage. and then my pudding which was the alpro soya pud, they are 4 for £1.00 in asda and tesco and they are on the shelf not the fridge.

Your meal sounds amazing I might try that this week, I use butternut squash a lot and love it.

Hope you have a good weekend, I always have takeaway on a saturday night and use my saturday dailies and all of my weeklies. smile

amistillsexy Sat 13-Oct-12 12:43:24

Lost a pound, so not bad. Would rather it was 3or4 though (greedy!) .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now