Talk

Advanced search

Loose skin... Will it ever go?

(7 Posts)
Acuppa Fri 05-Oct-12 09:30:08

Hello,

I had twins two years ago, and although im back to my normal size, i have quite a bit of loose skin. Has anyone had any experience of reducing their loose skin through diet or exercise with actual results?

Thanks!

hurricanewyn Fri 05-Oct-12 17:07:30

I'm bumping this as I'd love to know too.

MikeOxard Sun 07-Oct-12 11:02:45

You can't get skin to shrink through diet and/or exersize. Fat and muscle will respond to that, but not skin. It might yet still shrink a little bit more naturally over time though. x

milewalker Mon 08-Oct-12 19:37:01

hi acuppa, i have twin girls (had them 13 years ago) and was huge while carrying them and after. i've only in the last few years decided to lose alot of weight and have now lost a total of 13 stone 4 lbs so am now under 12 stone (at one point was up to around 25 stone so you can imagine how big i was and for along time).
i have no loose skin at all-i'll admit a few still wobbly bits but those are slowly going thanks to my diet and exercise.
i do lots of cardio and free weights. the weights are brill for toning up. skin is elastic so will shrink back slowly, it can be a problem if you lose weight quickly but if you take it at 1-2lb a week your skin will go back. the younger you are the better your skin will be to go back. hope thats a help

fatlazymummy Tue 09-Oct-12 00:30:46

Yes I have had some success. The main thing is exercise, you have to build a little muscle to support the skin. I have found swimming a great help, plus different kind of abdominal crunches and lifting weights [I use dumbbells at home but it might be a good idea to do weights at the gym].
The other thing that is supposed to help is to keep hydrated and moisturise the skin. You can get 'tightening creams' but I use lots of Superdrug vit E body moisturiser [cheap and effective].
Milewalker what a fantastic achievement! well done!

TellMeLater Tue 09-Oct-12 03:48:56

The weight loss makes it worse....my tum looked better when I was more rounded. My stomach muscles are rock hard but my skin is saggy and horrible. Exercise will not produce enough muscle to give the skin a smooth appearance, fingers crossed your skin will spring back further, but I don't think there is much you can do to help it.

Arana Tue 09-Oct-12 03:57:06

DD is 3, and I lost 4 stone after she was born.

I'm still very very saggy, the worst bits being around my midsection (front and back) and my upper arms.

It doesn't matter how toned the muscle is underneath, the skin never seems to tighten sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now