Talk

Advanced search

"You're a bag of bones!"

(3 Posts)
shithappensx1000 Thu 04-Oct-12 22:49:52

Well, basically that's want a friend said to me. I'm 5'6'' and weigh 9st. BMI 20ish. I wear size 8 tops and 10 bottoms. I have started exercising to relieve work stress and get fit. She basically thinks I'm too thin. I don't. She's just beginning to annoying me a bit because she says things about my weight every time a see her, (at least once a week). I don't say she needs to lose weight - 5'8" 14st ish size 18/20. How do I handle it?
(The rest of the time we have good laugh.)

mrsfuzzy Thu 04-Oct-12 22:57:07

might be a hidden agenda here, it sounds like 'friendly bullying' she possibly feels abit insecure, but by putting you down it helps her to feel better about herself, have you told her how this upsets you? if there is no medical problem with your health then it should be a problem, perhaps you could get your friend to join you doing some light exercise, walking etc, seems a shame to lose a otherwise friendship.

shithappensx1000 Thu 04-Oct-12 23:04:54

Thanks. i have no health issue. We are planning to take the children on a bike ride this weekend. I think I need to take the bullet and just tell how it upsets me. I have told her I'm happy with my size and weight. I am also exercising to tone up a bit. Post 40 - starting to lose muscle tone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now