Talk

Advanced search

Any No "Diet" dieters out there wanting buddies?

(3 Posts)
ScarletLady02 Thu 04-Oct-12 13:28:23

Hi there, I'm new to this bit of the site, so I hope it's OK to start my own thread.

I decided on Monday to take some positive action about my baby weight. I'm 29 and my DD is 22 months old, so it's taken me a while. I'm currently a size 16 (5'10" and 13.5 stone). I carry my weight quite well but I AM overweight and I'm unhappy so have decided to do something about it.

I've looked into a few "diets" and they don't really appeal, I'm far too disorganised I think, and worry about losing motivation if I can't stick to something structured. Does anyone else feel the same and fancy chatting to like minded slimmers? Maybe we could share tips, recipe ideas etc. I'm vegetarian so always looking for new recipes and things.

Either that, or can anyone point me in the direction of like-minded groups on here? I feel a bit nervous about jumping into a thread with hundreds of replies and people who obviously know each other (I'm a big wimp!)

Look forward to chatting and motivating ladies!

TalkinPeace2 Thu 04-Oct-12 19:20:59

5:2
we are friendly and all the jargon is covered in the opening post ....

PinkCustard Sat 06-Oct-12 14:11:56

You could have a look at the MFP (My Fitness Pal) thread. It's a website/app for logging food/exercise. You input how much you want to lose etc and it sets you a calorie goal, but you can 'earn' more calories/food with exercise. I've found it easier to fit into everyday life than a strict diet regime, as I could still eat my normal food, but it just made me aware of avoiding unnecessary snacks and doing more exercise.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now