Talk

Advanced search

Someone explain new weight watchers plan to me in a nutshell...

(39 Posts)
MummysHappyPills Sun 30-Sep-12 22:15:11

Used to do it years ago when it was just point counting. But I gather it has changed?

Just bought a 3 month subscription on groupon but haven't got the voucher yet so want to know what I'm letting myself in for!

MummysHappyPills Mon 01-Oct-12 09:42:02

Bump, seeing as I posted this late last night! grin

belleshell Mon 01-Oct-12 14:45:44

have you had voucher yet, i bought one too and i am still waiting. its still points but points are worked out different they are based on protien carbs, fibre fat etc....everything seems to have far more point but then i think you are allowed more points too. i just dont seem to be able to work out how many!!!

have you ggot lots to lose, i would love to lose a stone by christmas......... i did really well a few years ago and got down to 9 12, ive put 2 stone on sad in last year....so this is it i really need to knuckle down other wise nothing will fit me soon.

good luck and pass on any tips i will need all the help i can get

MummysHappyPills Mon 01-Oct-12 15:09:59

Hi! Yeah I think we get voucher once the deal ends, which is in a couple of days...

Haven't got loads to lose, but would still like to lose a fair amount... I was 11st 2lb before I got pg with dd (am 5'6") and I weighed in at 13st 8.5 when I first started sw a couple of weeks after her birth!

I'm now down to 11st 3.25 after doing sw, low carbing and calorie counting, so basically lost the baby weight, but I'd like to lose more, ideally get down to around 9st, but I haven't weighed that since I was 18!

So thought i'd give this a go to shake things up a bit as it seemed like a good deal! Been doing mfp and counting calories which is free, but feel I need to spend a bit of money to give myself an incentive! We should motivate each other when our vouchers arrive! grin

belleshell Mon 01-Oct-12 15:12:49

absolutely im up for any motivation. me and my freidn went to ww together but she is like a rake noW!! all my friends do sw but i really struggle with it i need the portion control............so im in for any motivation. ill be in touch and well done for what you have achieved so far that is fab.

MummysHappyPills Mon 01-Oct-12 15:33:19

Thanks! Yes I found sw got me so far, and was good while I was bfing as I could still eat plenty, but then I found I got stuck and couldn't lose any more, probably because of the big portions! I am hoping the new ww plan is kind of a happy medium...

Just want the voucher now! grin

belleshell Mon 01-Oct-12 16:34:10

i know i want mine too...... its just another excuse today to raid the fridge.. i have made roast veg and cous cous for work tomorrow, just need to leave biscuit tin alone...gonna make a shopping list for next week and try adapt my meals so im not eating everything different to others ( they would die if i feed them raost veg...)

belleshell Mon 01-Oct-12 17:40:45

OOOOOOOOO happy i have got my voucher and started planning for tomorrow. if you log into groupon you can redeem your voucher...good luck...just had a shock thought sweet pototo was free it isntsad

need to fish it outta my roast veg for tomorrow.

good luck.

MummysHappyPills Mon 01-Oct-12 17:51:59

Oo ok I will have a look and if I've got mine do you want to do a weigh-in tomorrow morning?! grin

belleshell Mon 01-Oct-12 19:06:51

brilliant yes i have weighed this am, but u are able to change weigh in day. what day suit you best..i really want to make a go of this..... might eat cake tonight...lol grin

MummysHappyPills Mon 01-Oct-12 20:23:56

Well think what I might do is weigh in tomorrow, then weigh in every monday after that, somehow feels right to do it on a monday morning to me! Didn't weigh myself this morning as I had a massive roast dinner last night!

MummysHappyPills Mon 01-Oct-12 20:38:11

Grrrr!!! Just logged into groupon and it;s not letting me have my voucher yet sad.

belleshell Mon 01-Oct-12 20:47:01

thats crap, mind it wouldnt let me login in i had to go to deals and log in on that page, and it was there......like charlies golden ticket hehehehe

MummysHappyPills Tue 02-Oct-12 09:49:01

How annoying, still won't give me voucher code yet! You must have bought yours on a different offer I am guessing, as it's still saying for me I have to wait til the deal ends sad.

How are you getting on so far today? smile

belleshell Tue 02-Oct-12 15:02:28

oh no........today so far so good, ive stuck to plan.........after tea is my night mare so i wll see how i get on....fingers crossed it will come soon....smile

MummysHappyPills Tue 02-Oct-12 18:20:57

Ha me too! We've run out of nappies so just sent him out to buy some, and asked him to bring me back some chocolate too! blush

belleshell Tue 02-Oct-12 18:55:21

well no voucher no diet thats my rule, hence the HUGE piece of cake i demolished last night, thank god there is none left....grin

MummysHappyPills Thu 04-Oct-12 00:50:12

Ok so got my code! (was up late watching savile documentarysad)

So raring to go tomorrow! grin

belleshell Thu 04-Oct-12 15:29:31

hows it going!!!! HAPPYPILLS, i have to say it hasnt been to bad, although my supermarket shop today consisted of mainly fruit and veg....my ds will die!

belleshell Thu 04-Oct-12 15:30:07

ps what do you hink after watching saville documentary, i didnt watch!

MummysHappyPills Thu 04-Oct-12 15:40:34

Yeah not too bad, though I realise I'm going to have to adjust my eating a bit to not use loads of points! Had homemade bread with homemade jam and butter for breakfast and soup with bread and butter and now I only have 4 points left! Got a couple of activity points and my weekly points to use though!

I'm sure once I do a shop and get into the swing of it I'll do better! wink

MummysHappyPills Thu 04-Oct-12 15:41:29

Savile doc was quite disturbing. Quite compelling evidence really, I personally think he did it. sad

belleshell Thu 04-Oct-12 15:43:37

oh heck....... stir fry!!!!!!
and prawns are low ..bingo prawn stir fry.

MummysHappyPills Thu 04-Oct-12 15:46:38

I am veggie! I'm guessing quorn will be a good bet, used to be a staple on sw...

TalkinPeace2 Thu 04-Oct-12 19:19:58

IMHO the WW business model is to make it really easy to lose weight and then an absolute bugger to keep it off - that way you keep paying.

They do not like people like me who went for 9 weeks, lost a stone, took the books away and lost two more and 11 years later am still not far from target weight
and there are people I was there with who are still going and still fat - I drive past the hall where the group meet.

WW cash tills are ringing away ...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now