Talk

Advanced search

Food to make me feel human again?

(5 Posts)
bettybigballs Sat 29-Sep-12 22:37:14

Since I had surgery earlier this year, I've gone from being a hardy type who sails through all office and kid bugs with barely a sniffle to catching everything going and it knocking me sideways for ages.

I'm just recovering from my second cold in a month, I've had it for 8 days. It's ridiculous. I've been to the drs for blood tests (as i thought it could be surgery related) and everything is clear. He said I'm just a bit run down and told me to eat more fruit and veg (I eat loads of veg but not loads of fruit)

Has anyone had a similar experience and is there any recommendations for things I could do, take or eat to sort me out a bit? It's costing me a bloody fortune in night nurse, cough mixture and tissues!

Jahan Sun 30-Sep-12 11:29:44

Do you take vitamin supplements? You may need a boost after surgery. Try something like Floradix in liquid form.

Chicken soup is good to have when you're a bit run down. In fact all soups are good. If you can add ginger and garlic that will help too as they have lots of health benefits.

Hope you feel better soon!

Berocca? It's a tablet you add water to, full of vitamins smile

Fruits, oranges, strawberries and kiwi all have good qualities smile

SeventhEverything Sun 30-Sep-12 14:49:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

NatashaBee Sun 30-Sep-12 14:51:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now