Talk

Advanced search

Low carbers, please inspire me for lunches

(8 Posts)
Shh2012 Wed 26-Sep-12 14:55:05

I'm stuck for ideas for lunch now that the autumn's here.
I work at home so I have a cooked breakfast (usually eggs).
I can't face cold food in this weather, so I need two or three cooked lunch suggestions please. It needs to be something that's either quick to prepare or not very hands on as I only give myself 30 minutes break at lunch.

TellMeLater Wed 26-Sep-12 16:47:25

I usually have leftovers.

EldritchCleavage Wed 26-Sep-12 16:52:18

Mushrooms cooked in butter with a dash of cream, some chopped parsley;

Courgette 'pasta' with tomato sauce (stew chopped fresh tomatoes in butter with half a clove of garlic, eat with ribbons of courgette blanched in boiling water)

Salad of spinach leaves, grilled bacon and avocado

If you can prepare in advance you could have:
Butternut squash soup
Ratatouille

topsi Wed 26-Sep-12 18:24:10

why don't you change to berries and yogurt for breakfast and then eggs for lunch?
I usually have eggs, a salad or left overs.
Need to get into soups!
My lunch is usually followed by 2 squares dark choc and a cup of tea with soya milk.

Danceswithdragons Thu 27-Sep-12 17:43:31

Lettuce wraps - sandwich filler from supermarket is usually lowish carbs, dollop on lettuce leaves and make a wrap.
Cold chicken drumsticks, prawns with mayo dip and avocado slices, slices of cheese with ham.

Danceswithdragons Thu 27-Sep-12 17:46:34

Sorry, just realised that all my lunch suggestions are cold and you asked for hot.
If you have a microwave, what about mackeral fillets heated up? Ready made fresh soups can be lowish carb if you avoid ones with potatoes and root vegetables.

topsi Thu 27-Sep-12 18:13:13

Mmmm I made soup today, sweated a leek and garlic in lots of butter, added bag and half of water cress added a pint of stock, blitzed then added cream and pepper. It was yum and must be full of anti oxidants!

OryxCrake Thu 27-Sep-12 18:20:49

I sometimes fry sliced courgette with cubes of halloumi or bits of bacon, along with any other veg I have handy - mushrooms, red pepper, cherry tomatoes - and season with herbs, salt and pepper. Then either have it as it is or pour some beaten egg over and cook through to make a frittata. It doesn't take too long and is lovely. (My dc are horrified at my low-carb concoctions but I like them!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now