Talk

Advanced search

I'm going to lose 3 stone (YES I AM!) - anyone care to join me?

(101 Posts)
superdoodle Wed 26-Sep-12 10:46:16

I'm fed up with squeezing my ever expanding waistline into ever larger jeans.

I can only dream at the moment of walking confidently onto a beach, or wearing a slim fitting dress to a special night out. I have made a resolution NOT to have another summer like this one, so now is the time to make some changes and shift the spare tyre(s) before next summer.

I've decided to approach the task in 7lbs chunks, as a 3 stone loss seems so immense! Each time I reach the magic 7lb mark, I'll reward myself with a treat - maybe a new book/massage/night at the cinema - whatever ticks the boxes at the time!

Time also I think to stop wasting my spare time watching so much TV, and more time moving about - the dreaded "30 day shred" does seem to work, so Jillian here I come.

Diet wise, here are my thoughts: it's unrealistic to never have a meal out, the odd piece of cake etc, but that's the point - most days I'll stick to a sensible balanced diet with reduced portion sizes (I could be eating for Shrek at the moment). I will however not beat myself up about the occasional night out/slice of birthday cake.

So I'm commited to doing this - would anyone like to join me?

BTW I weighed in today at 14 stone 5lbs. Never going to be this heavy again.

HollyHopDrive Wed 26-Sep-12 11:55:33

Hello superdoodle, I'll give it a go!

I just saw a thread in chat and had a quick google of the 30 day shred, I like the idea I'm just worried about my lack of willpower!

I'm 13st10 ish and also want to loose 3 stone, I'm a size 14-16 at the moment, but owing to 2 large babies in 18 months my tummy is just awful. I'm hoping weight loss will mean I can wear normal jeans again - I'm only comfortable in leggings and elasticated jeggings.

I totally agree with you on the diet front, I am such a foodie and I love my chocolate, reduce portions and less snacking. I am now only bfing 8 month old DS2 at night now so don't need the extra calories and I've been using bfing as an excuse not to bother with dieting. My aim is to have lost the weight by this time next year - due to be MoH for my best friend a year tomorrow and I want to look nice in a dress!

superdoodle Wed 26-Sep-12 12:43:31

Hi HollyHopDrive,

Great to meet you! I think it's really important to have a goal in mind.....so every time you think about reaching for the chocs you can picture yourself as a super slim MoH.....the ultimate deterrent!

I absolutely understand the leggings/jeggings nightmare. Have decided that enough really is enough. It's time to take control again and do something about it <<flexes muscles>>

We can do it, one day at a time. I am hoping to reach my first 7lb marker in 3 weeks time, so will start browsing Amazon for a book I fancy as my reward!

mummymeister Wed 26-Sep-12 14:01:02

not sure if this helps but i couldnt face my weight so i weighed myself in kilos. they dont mean anything to me but it means i aim to lose 1kg a week which isnt excessive. its not about the numbers its about the feeling better and healthy. i have been at slimming world since June and lost 15kgs so far. still a long way to go but find that this diet works for me. good luck small chunks of 5kg at a time and you will get there. BUT... it will take you longer than post baby so think of how long it used to take you and double it.

imoko Wed 26-Sep-12 15:24:21

apologies if you have already read this message but i'm new to all this blogging/threading? and i think something went wrong? i too wish to loose 3stone, i've lost 10lbs on weight watchers but missed last 2 weigh ins as i'm on annual leave. here starts the problems, even though i've not been away i have eaten and drank everything that is so bad for me because you're allowed when your on holiday??? i also plan to stop smoking on monday, join the gym and start making my christmas bunting for my homemade christmas hampers (keep my fingers busy and not puffing on a ciggie) setting myself up for fall??? i have ordered some fat binding tabltes today as well, can i still join in or is that cheating?

Stropzilla Thu 27-Sep-12 14:41:10

Me I'm in. I'm using Slimming world and Myfitnesspal and I will not be the blubbermonster I am now for the rest of my life! I'm currently 15.5 st apparantly, tho the honesty of my scales is in question. I guess I will find out Tuesday at my first SW meeting!

imoko Sat 29-Sep-12 21:05:55

well i have this weekend left for naughty food then monday looms and i'm back on weight watchers. i'm just cooking ribs and chicken as a one of my final treats, oh and i have home made lemon cheesecake and lemon drizzle cake to finish off. but we all know it's easier to loose weight when you have more to loose?? my next weigh in is a week tomorrow so until then. good luck Stropzilla on tuesday i did SWorld and lost 3.5 stone so if you need any recipes or owt. i did pile it all back on again but i stopped going to class and fell in love, married and need i say more?

SuzySheepSmellsNice Sat 29-Sep-12 21:18:09

The Hairy Bikers have written some brilliant recipes for their Hairy Dieters series, I have tried 3vof them so far, they are lovely! I didn't like them so much before, but I've really warmed to them now. I put on 4 stone with my beautiful DS, and I've lost a stone and a half with WW. Is Luke to lose -all of it-- another stone by Christmas smile

SuzySheepSmellsNice Sat 29-Sep-12 21:22:34

I'd like... NOT Is Luke! blush

SuzySheepSmellsNice Sat 29-Sep-12 21:25:50

The Hairy Bikers have written some brilliant recipes for their Hairy Dieters series, I have tried 3vof them so far, they are lovely! I didn't like them so much before, but I've really warmed to them now. I put on 4 stone with my beautiful DS, and I've lost a stone and a half with WW. I'd like to lose all of it another stone by Christmas smile

The HB lost 3 stone each

cookieowner Sun 30-Sep-12 15:48:24

HI
im aiming to lose 4 stone too
started at 13st 10 and am down to 12st 13 and been calorie counting for a month now

roguepixie Sun 30-Sep-12 15:50:25

I'm in. If I don't do something soon I'll explode!!!

I was going to reduce portions, watch intake and get moving.

HansieMom Sun 30-Sep-12 16:02:49

I would like to join up too. I am mid sixties so I am not sure how much I will have in common with all of you, except the weight! I've got that! I would like to lose 55 lbs. which is just under four stone. That is like a big sack of dog food I am carrying around!

Not sure how to go about this, but an obvious one would be to eat less fast food, currently about four a week. In the last week, I had a KFC bowl, Wendy's Asiago grilled chicken, and McDonald's fish sandwich. That is not good to see in print!

Good luck to all of us!

helpineedajob Mon 01-Oct-12 21:56:45

I would like to join to. I am 13st 3 and only 5foot 2, im feel like such a frump, i havent let myself buy new clothes cos i keep saying i will lose weight first. But I haven't lost weight since DS2 was born 8 months ago and feel a scruff.

I have joined the local council gym on a swimming pool only membership as i do enjoy swimming and have just got back.

My birthday is in 6 weeks so like the OP want smaller goals to aim for so am aiming for 1 stone in 6 weeks.

My plan is to cut down on bread and sugary drinks, and only having anything chocolatey on a Saturday night.

Good luck everyone.

hopingtodrive Mon 01-Oct-12 22:03:07

Mark

hopingtodrive Mon 01-Oct-12 22:03:56

Marking my place. Dividing into 7 lbs segments is a brilliant Idea.

imoko Tue 02-Oct-12 12:25:35

well i started back on my weight watchers yesterday and today my fat binder tablets have arrived. i get weighed on sunday so i'll find out how much damage i've done over the last 2weeks of over indulgence. i was 12st 11lbs so hopefully a week of sticking to plan won't make weigh in too traumatic. i'm 5' 4 and half inch and would like to get down to 9.5st. I'd like to be able to fit into my lovely vivienne westwood skirts, that have been stored away for the last 4years, for christmas. It will be lovely to go clothes shopping and not have the 'dread' and actually buy clothes with shape and not just baggy jumpers and ill fitting jeans.Good luck everyone and don't forget to keep us all posted on your weight loss journey. (ps, sorry about any spelling mistakes i know i'm pretty bad).

HansieMom Tue 02-Oct-12 15:27:38

I like the seven pound segments too. If I lost seven pounds, it would put me under 200. I saw a pic of me yesterday and I look round. No fast food for the last four days!

imoko Tue 02-Oct-12 17:32:30

HansieMom, i like to count in tins because i can put them in a carrier bag and actually feel how much weight i'm no longer carrying around with me, if that makes sense. 1lbs= a tin of baked beans and half a pound is a tin of tuna. so you'd better get stocked up on 14 tins of tuna. I resemble an egg or lemon on rather podgey toothpicks at the mo. hope the fast food withdrawal jitters aren't too bad??

tutu100 Tue 02-Oct-12 17:46:33

Can I join in please. I put on 3 stone last year due to medication I had to take. I've now come off the medication, but the weight isn't coming off as fast as it went on! I guess I thought if I came off the medication it would come off with out me having to do anything extra, but I have come to the realisation that I need to do something to help it along.

I am 5ft 5ins and weigh 12 stone. I am a size 14-16. I would love to get down to 9 stone which is what I was before but tbh any weight loss would make me feel better. Have been putting off buying new clothes for ages as I keep hoping to lose more weight. Have lost 5lbs since coming off the tablets.

Have heard good things about shred, but I am very unfit so am worried it will kill me.

I really must give up chocolate as I am a chocoholic.

HansieMom Tue 02-Oct-12 18:21:14

LOL, Imoko! I do buy tuna in bulk at Sam's Club, and believe I have three left. I will buy more. ; )

I love your idea as it is visual, plus you can enjoy feeling the weight of the carrier bag.

I look like a teapot on legs. I see a lot of women like this.

Once upon a time, I weighed 160, was horrified at that (hahaha), went to TOPS, and lost to 135. Which is very slim on me. Now I am 206 and 160 looks excellent. 150 is goal though. Getting under 200 is only 12 tins of tuna away!

Tutu, I am 5'5" too. At least I think so. we shrink, you know. One half inch for every twenty years of adult like.

HansieMom Tue 02-Oct-12 18:22:14

Adult life.

meme123 Tue 02-Oct-12 18:34:01

I too would like to do this, back in 2010' I did the 30 day shred and Zumba and I dropped two stone lacking the motivation big time at the moment however I'm sure we could cheer each other along.x

Ambi Tue 02-Oct-12 18:58:22

Count me in too.
I was 14.10, 4 weeks ago and I'm now 13.7 although I have had a baby since so a little weight loss cheat!! I'm pretty much at pre-pg weight although it is way too much, I'd like to be a 12-14 instead of 16-18. Being at home has helped as I don't snack all day and only eat when hungry but eat what I want.

Did Davina postnatal DVD today but eaten too many carbs today.

imoko Tue 02-Oct-12 19:43:44

am i the only person who has never heard of the 30day shred?? is it a fitness dvd?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now