Talk

Advanced search

Thought some of you would be interested in this interview with one of "The Biggest Loser" contestants.

(9 Posts)
Vagabond Sun 23-Sep-12 19:14:45

It will completely change your attitude towards the show.

www.bodylovewellness.com/2010/06/09/kai-hibbard-the-biggest-loser-finalist-part-1-of-3/

racingheart Sun 23-Sep-12 19:32:12

That's really alarming. Thanks for posting.

TheArmadillo Sun 23-Sep-12 19:34:34

I've heard this stuff before.

There is no way you can continually lose that amount of weight each week without stupidly extreme methods. There is a reason most of the contestants regain the weight (and sometimes more).

There are other programmes that essentially do the same and their 'tough love' is nothing short of a form of abuse.

But people want to believe in quick fixes. They don't want to hear that healthy diet plus exercise over a reasonable period of time is the best way to lose weight.

I have 9 stone to lose in total (half my body weight) and have lost 5stone so far. It has taken me 9 months and that is reasonably quick, but the bigger you are the quicker you can lose weight, though bear in mind that means 2lb a week rather than 0.5-1lb. The weightloss is going to slow down the closer I get to goal. I see so many people disheartened though when they realise how long it will take and how slow it will be.

The number of people who are shocked when you tell them how you lost the weight. They genuinely don't think it is possible and you must have some secret trick hmm

aroomofherown Sun 23-Sep-12 19:37:57

Thanks for posting, glad I read it. Horrible.

aroomofherown Sun 23-Sep-12 19:39:02

armadillo congratulations! That's so inspiring.

lucjam Sun 23-Sep-12 19:41:13

Link doesn't work for me but would love to read it.

ceebeegeebies Sun 23-Sep-12 19:42:26

It won't let me open the link - says the resource is being refurbished hmm

I would be really interested in it though.

Interestingly enough, I was talking to someone last night who had done some training sessions with one of the trainers from the show. He told me that he insisted people work so hard that they often vomit shock which cannot be healthy, particularly for the kind of contestants on there who have probably not done any exercise for quite some time!

aroomofherown Sun 23-Sep-12 19:43:47

Scroll down the page - the link is on the right at the bottom

TheArmadillo Sun 23-Sep-12 19:52:23

if you search 'biggest loser' on the 'page not found' that comes up you can find the links (interview with kai hibbard) on pages 2-3 (is split into 3 parts).

aroomofherown - thanks smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now