Talk

Advanced search

I have A LOT of weight to lose.....

(8 Posts)
NorthernGobshite Sat 22-Sep-12 21:44:35

...and I am thinking that Slimming World might be worth trying?
I am also a bit scared blush

scarlettsmummy2 Sat 22-Sep-12 21:45:43

Myfitnesspal is also excellent- I lost a couple of stone in 12 weeks and have kept it off.

GOLDdebka Sat 22-Sep-12 21:48:46

I do sw. It suits me because it is 'real food' and I cook for my family every day. I also enjoy the group atmosphere; if I didn't have the threat encouragement of a weekly weigh in I think I would struggle.

I've lost 8 stone in the last year, 5 to go. <sighs>

GOLDdebka Sat 22-Sep-12 21:49:40

How much have you to lose OP? It is doable, one week at a time, it adds up. smile

NorthernGobshite Sat 22-Sep-12 21:50:39

8 stone? WOW! I think I have around 7 to lose and I really do want to do it before I hit 40 (next year). Can I ask a personal question GOLDdebka; I am worried about being left with excess skin. How have you avoided that?

NorthernGobshite Sat 22-Sep-12 21:50:55

P.S Well done!

GOLDdebka Sat 22-Sep-12 21:56:57

Thanks grin

Not sure if I have avoided the skin issue. As I said I still have a few stone to go, so it's hard to say what is skin and what is fat confused. They say that exercise helps, I don't know how much though.

I reckon better to be slim with excess skin than fat but smooth grin

Best of luck with your journey x

NorthernGobshite Sat 22-Sep-12 22:00:12

Ha, yes, very true. I am sure lots of cocoa butter applied daily will help!

Thank you. I am going to join SW on Thursday so we'll see. I have always struggled to lose more than 2 stone but 40 is fast approaching.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now