Talk

Advanced search

5.2 diet

(11 Posts)
ellathefox Mon 27-Aug-12 18:55:05

Can someone please tell me about the 5.2 diet? I'm struggling to find something that makes sense on google. Just seen it on here.

chocoluvva Mon 27-Aug-12 19:53:28

5 days a week you eat normally and on the other two you restrict yourself to 500 calories (each day). Apparently you don't tend to overeat on the non-restricted days (unless you ususally do, I suppose).

ellathefox Mon 27-Aug-12 19:58:59

Thank you.

2kidsintow Mon 27-Aug-12 21:56:16

Find Horizon's 'Eat, Fast, live longer' on iplayer.
There's lots of advice on another thread on here too. Lots of people making their own interpretations though about low carb/low protein etc. I found the TV program to be very helpful.

sweetiepie1979 Mon 22-Oct-12 18:29:55

Hi Ella, how's the 5.2 going? I started it today but I think I've gone over my calorie limit by about 100!

alphabite Sat 27-Oct-12 21:26:26

How many calories do people tend to eat on the 5 normal days? I may try this diet but I think I'd have the tendancy to over eat on the 5 days.

Do the 2 days have to be together e.g. Monday Tues or could they be Monday and Thursday, so spaced apart?

alphabite Sun 28-Oct-12 12:17:19

Oh just thought of another question. Would 600-700 calories do the same thing (obviously with slightly less weight loss). I could do with keeping my calcium levels up, even on those days as I am at risk of osteoperosis. I tend to do this through a good portion of cereal, yoghurt and a calcium suplement. My cereal and yoghurt would already be around 350-400 calories.

TellMeLater Sun 28-Oct-12 17:50:20

Alphabite isn't there calcium in green veg, is the calcium in cereal a supplement? if so you might as well increase your Vit pills - it's more of less the same thing and how about doing some resistance training to increase you bone density?

TalkinPeace2 Sun 28-Oct-12 20:45:10

the best treatment for osteoporosis according to the managers of the cohort study I'm on is yoga
lots and lots of weight bearing exercise

alphabite Mon 29-Oct-12 19:04:07

I go to the gym so do resistence and weight baring exercise. It is a genetic condition which makes me more suseptable to osteoperosis as I get older. It wasn't the cereal I was referring to for the calcium - it was the milk!

alphabite Mon 29-Oct-12 19:04:47

Thanks talkinPeace2. I will have a look at yoga benefits. I am very uncoordinated so yoga might help that too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now