Talk

Advanced search

Slimming World - Started Today!

(120 Posts)
peonypeony Tue 07-Aug-12 00:51:52

Started SW today. Think I did the diet correctly; not entirely convinced. Anyone else out there doing SW?

TellyBug Tue 07-Aug-12 00:59:10

Hello! Me. smile

Went to a meeting last week to get all the info and plan to weigh myself once a week (to save on the pennies).

So done it for a week and lost a couple of pounds. Really easy if you cook everything from scratch. Weekends more tricky. I'm trying to not use any syns Mon-Thurs and then have a few vinos or maybe a (healthy as possible) dinner out at the weekend.

TellyBug Tue 07-Aug-12 01:01:54

(Don't follow my lead. I am a terrible example. Go to the meetings!)

peonypeony Tue 07-Aug-12 01:09:00

Hello! I'm not going to the meetings either. Went a couple of years ago and still have all the stuff so would rather try and do it at home. I didn't like the weekly 'Whose been naughty and put weight on/not lost a lb' at the meetings but did like the ease of the diet! smile

peonypeony Tue 07-Aug-12 01:11:22

And really got fed up talking about food at the meetings! This might sound strange but really felt the time could have been used more effectively.

Panadbois Thu 09-Aug-12 07:14:30

I joined on Monday, and found image therapy very boring, coudn't wait to leave! But I need to go in weekly or my motivation will go out the window.

slightlycrumpled Thu 09-Aug-12 07:19:28

I'm re starting today. Need to lose another stone, I cannot do it without going to a class.
When I follow the plan properly I do really well and actually enjoy it.

Panadbois Fri 10-Aug-12 08:07:48

i'm trying to find out if flavoured sparkling water is free if anyone can help?

TellyBug Fri 10-Aug-12 08:12:59

I think it is. It's barely got any calories in it.

newpup Fri 10-Aug-12 08:31:44

Hello. Just wanted to say Good Luck! I joined SW almost a year ago and have lost almost 6 stone. I lost 4 lbs in the 2 weeks before I joined and lost 5 and a half in 8 months with SW.

My life is completely different! I am so glad I did it and stuck at it. There are hard times and I think the key is to move on each week and just put a bad week behind you. I have been at goal for a couple of months and it is tough not to revert back to old habits now I am the size I want to be. I have had to except it will always be a struggle.

I can not stress enough how much my life has changed. I am so much more alive!! I love going out and the shopping!!! I have gone from living in clothes from the few shops that did my size to loving trying new ones. I love Phase Eight, Fat Face, White Stuff, all the places I used to dream about shopping in!

A key for me was excercise, I am sure that I would not have got to target in 8 months without my gym membership. I now have a personal trainer once a week to keep me on track.

On a recent holiday I climbed a mountain! I never would have been able to do that before, no way. I can sit comfortably in aeroplane seats grin and my energy levels! WoooHooo! grin

Ladies, Keep at it! It is sooooooo worth it. Good Luck! grin

fivegomadindorset Fri 10-Aug-12 08:34:28

Good luck, my friend is doing really well on it she is halfway to her goal, sadly I have failed and back on WW it wasn't structured enough for me.

Panadbois Fri 10-Aug-12 15:53:25

Thanks Telly.

Wow, Newpup! that's amazing!! I hope I haven't messed up today, I had a lovely ice cream cone. No more syns today!

Panadbois Fri 10-Aug-12 15:55:08

Thanks Telly.

Wow, Newpup! that's amazing!! I hope I haven't messed up today, I had a lovely ice cream cone. No more syns today!

MyinnergoddessisatLidl Fri 10-Aug-12 15:58:13

Hey my DH and I are doing it together. I've been on it since mid June and lost 18lbs so far. Considering I've had two weeks in Italy and 3 weeks away with work I feel quite happy with the current result!

I'm not going to a class as I live overseas, so we are living out of the Curry Cookbook and some of the magazines for meal ideas.

We are mainly doing the extra easy plan as I like the flexibility.

I do find eating out hard in Europe though!

I do miss scarfing bread too.

What will you use your syns on mainly ladies? I don't drink, but I am afraid to use them on chocolate - I need to wean myself off it completely as I don't have an off button for it!

Panadbois Fri 10-Aug-12 16:24:26

Wine and crisps for me!

Geekster Fri 10-Aug-12 17:25:40

Hi all me and dh started on it last may (2011). We were only going a month when I fell pregnant, still managed to loose a stone, dh has lost six stone. Worked for us think it really helped us doing it together. We just didn't keep chocolate in the house at all!

I use my syns on sweets really bad. I know what people mean about the groups I sometimes find it a bit sycophantic. I haven't been going anyway since dd was born in march even though I lost all but 2lb of my baby weight in three weeks. Since put weight back on but at the moment I'm not bothered.

1066cb Fri 10-Aug-12 17:46:53

I tried myself with the book at home but after a gain lost heart, so going to cass at moment just for weigh in. Personally I find an hour walk more benefit to me than the chat...... about food. Had a couple of weeks off s have gained 4lbs so back to it on Mon.
I haven't stuck to the diet yet butget the gist and eatwhat I fancy, prob more veg than before and less bread, more baked potatoes. I know it works if you stick to it but I don't like to be told what to do and don't like the thought of dieting, let alone sticking to it for lifr.
I think my way is healthy/same principles but psychologically better for me. Give it a try it will work and I find daily walks have toned me up and make me feel good. Good luckx

MyinnergoddessisatLidl Fri 10-Aug-12 20:37:30

panadbois crisps are something I just have to have, but now I make those slimming world ones with potato in the microwave and they are just excellent, especially with a sprinkle of paprika.

And free! = more treats!

kidscatanddogs Fri 10-Aug-12 21:28:56

Hello all. I've joined SW again after a break of 15 years. I'm 5' 7" and weighed in on weds ar 12st 1 1/2 The last time I was this weight I was nine months pregnant. Hoping to lose 2stone as ten stone would be fab. However 1.5 stone loss would be absolutely fine also smile. Hoping I can tag along with you guys for the good and not so good weeks. I hated the group meeting and can't sit through another. Ours was talk to every single person about their wi results followed by a raffle! I found it irritating not motivating. Did WW once and their meetings we pretty good. Good luck all! I'll let you know how I get on. Fingers crossed for a loss. WI day is weds eve for me.

Panadbois Sat 11-Aug-12 19:26:11

myinnergkddess,please tell me more!

I haven't even had my first wheigh in yet and I'm dreading it already. I have cut out junk, sweets and crisps and swapped them for fruit. I'm holding on to that. but we had a bbq today, and I said I'd only have chicken and chicken and pepper kebab with salad..... But had a burger too blush

A synless day for me again tomorrow.

Sunnywithachanceofshowers Sat 11-Aug-12 19:33:12

Hello all

I joined on Wednesday, but today's the first day I've eaten to plan.

I'm not sure how long I'll attend the group - the woman who runs it is very uninspiring, she looks worse than I do and I'm 6 stone overweight! I'll see how it goes.

fivegomadindorset Sat 11-Aug-12 19:35:33

Sadly it is not working for me I am back on WW but I will still do some of the recipes. My friend however is doing really well.

ImperialBlether Sat 11-Aug-12 20:18:59

I started on Thursday and have decided to just stick to it a day at a time. Two days in and have stuck to it so far! What's noticeable as soon as I do anything like this is how much more healthily I eat and how much I have to cook. I live alone now that my children have left home and I could have whatever I wanted, so tended not to cook meals. Pretty quick way to not have healthy food, really.

nannycook Sat 11-Aug-12 21:44:28

Hi everyone, started SW on mon, just doing it myself as i joined 2 yrs ago and got all the books, i finding it ok at the mo, as you can tell from my name, i'm a cook and also make alot of cakes ( for birthdays etc etc) so do find it abit difficult trying to resist liking out the bowl afterwards, i'm 5ft 4 an 11 and half st, would love to get down to 10st.

nannycook Sat 11-Aug-12 21:52:23

Myinnergoddessisatlidl, i'm abit like you, if i use my syns for chocolate, then i usually want more, so i use them for, say if i want butter on a sarnie, or a spoonful of mayo, branston, drop of extra milk on my cereal, saying that i have had 2 kitkats this week with some degree of control i must say.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now