Talk

Advanced search

How do you stick to a diet?

(5 Posts)
RockChick1984 Wed 23-May-12 15:10:44

I've never had to stick to a diet before, I was lucky that my weight never really fluctuated more than a few lbs. I put on a lot of weight while pregnant and am struggling still to lose it. Feels like there's always an occasion which involves lots of food, or I've had a rough day/night with DS so can't be bothered cooking and end up with a take away.... There's always an excuse why I haven't been good!!

How do you make yourself stick to a diet?

OP’s posts: |
ladyintheradiator Wed 23-May-12 15:18:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

foreverondiet Wed 23-May-12 19:03:45

How old is your DS and are you feeding? FWIW I couldn't stick to a diet until each DC 6 months old and sleeping through night and me not sole source of nutrition.

RockChick1984 Wed 23-May-12 19:25:56

Lol, DS is 14 months, I can't use that as an excuse any more! He's still not sleeping properly, but that's another thread entirely!

I tried slimming world, I thought that by being weighed in front of other people I'd stick to it better, it worked for about 2-3 weeks then just tailed off, I'm the same with any diet sad

OP’s posts: |
bacon Wed 23-May-12 19:51:36

I really think it takes a motivating partner to work with you and give you a kick. Luckily my OH has gone fitness and health mad so I have no excuses. With the rubbish quality and cost we dont do takeaways.

My motivation is my age and not wanting to look like some women I see for my age (41). Also I want my children to grow up in a sporty fit family where being active is important and fun. Getting clothes size 12 easily without battling around the 16-18 is also important to me I'm fed up of looking frumpy.

I'm not using the word "diet" either - I'm doing a life change and it will have to stick forever. I avoid any club or group, I think its got to be done under yr own stream by reading facts about food.

Being surrounded by friends who are slim and active is also a positive factor. Perhaps joining a gym on your own will benefit you, do classes and get a trainer to do a plan for you as you could be a bit down and need a motivator to get you focused.

Why overeat, why stuff your face, why spend money on what isnt a necessity?

Believe me if your in yr twenties I would grab the opportunity now to change your lifestyle as when you hit older its tough and your too knackered!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in