Talk

Advanced search

anyone tried Diet Chef or Jenny Craig?

(9 Posts)
ThatVikRinA22 Thu 03-May-12 15:48:57

im liking the idea that diet food is just delivered to your door grin

i used to be able to diet - no probs, i seem to have forgotton how to do it. i try but then it all goes to pot....now if someone was to give me 3 meal and say thats your days food i could do it....

anyone tried either of these things?

ThatVikRinA22 Thu 03-May-12 15:55:46

bloody nora....its £60 a week!! maybe have to rethink....

ThatVikRinA22 Thu 03-May-12 15:56:12

i only want to lose 7 - 10 lb! i just cant get my head around it....

ZZMum Thu 03-May-12 15:57:49

friend is doing diet chef the cheapest version and it is horrible - dehyrated food for most meals and the dinners are truly minging.

With a bit of planning you can do it yourself for less money buying from M+S etc ..

ThatVikRinA22 Thu 03-May-12 16:08:27

yeah i figured as much tbh when i saw the price! i need to just get organised and disciplined....

thebestisyettocome Thu 03-May-12 16:13:54

I did diet chef. None of the food is dehydrated actually. I thought it was pretty edible. It works but is expensive.

ThatVikRinA22 Fri 04-May-12 05:03:59

really thebest ? oh now i dont know.....i reckon i would be successful with a lazy diet that is all planned and delivered for me....and i dont think it would actually take very long to lose the 10lb or so i would love to lose either if i could get cracking with it....

i will have a think!

Alexbrown Wed 09-May-12 11:34:31

I have recently finished an 8 week programme on the 'go lower' programme. it is similar to diet chef and jenny craig in that food is delivered to your door, however go lower put you into ketosis by restricting your carb intake. i ate real natural food for the whole month rather than shakes or substitutes.. also due to the high protein intake i was rarely hungry. i got great support from my personal consultant throughout the programme and then was refferered to one of their in house nutritionists at the end of my programme to help me sustain my weight loss. the food was in the most part great, however some of the dinners were a acquired taste, but i was able to fully customise the meals sent to me by telling my personal consultant which meals to leave out on the next delivery. I definitely reccommend giving them a call to talk to a personal consultant

Kareem1 Fri 28-Feb-14 18:41:11

I undertand how tempting something like Diet Chef can be: lose weight, someone else does all the hard work. WELL IT"S ALL BULLCRAP!!!! I implore anyone out there to not let their desperation take the better of them and join DietChef. Now as a foodie, I can tell you the food is less than satisfactory. It's practically overrated microwave meals. I made the grave mistake of applying for the 12 week plan. Of course as any sane person (who isn't completely absolved in the hope that they will one day find they've lost a pathetic amount of weight through this extremely costly venture), would tell you that after you realise how useless the first month was and how bad the food was, you should cancel. So I came to cancel after only one month and I was told that I'd have to pay a ridiculous £155 to cancel. This was because they had already taken out next month's payment without my knowledge. When I spoke to the lady and expalined to her my situation, she didn't really seem to care and just kept saying I had to pay- barely heard me out! They claim it's all in their terms and conditions - I guess that's why you read the fine print. Just to add to the injury, they made me pay for the return and the box itself is extremely heavy. COSTLY RETURN + CANCELLATION FOR A PRODUCT THAT WAS TERRIBLE AND DIDN'T DO WHAT IT CLAIMED IT DID. So why all the happy reviews; I can only imagine people just feel good that they are actually doing a diet for the first time, but if they simply wake up and smell the coffee they'll realise that they haven't lost that much weight, and if they have, it is more than likely it is due to exercise and not the pathetic badly tasting microwave meals they send you. Also, make sure you have a lot of storage space because they send you the whole month supply at once. Terrible. I don't even write reviews online or anywhere but I felt a moral obligation to let everyone know what this company is up to.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now