Talk

Advanced search

Dukan diet - brand new thread!

(1000 Posts)
WentworthMillerMad Mon 21-Nov-11 12:45:12

Hi - fancy joining me on a support thread for Dukan - whatever stage you are at!!

I have lost 18lb and have 10 lb to go but really need to keep motivated.....................please join!

Am on a protein day:

breakfast - greek yog mixed with a WW yog and oat bran
skimmed latte

hot robinsons orange

lunch - ham omlette with tuna

dinner - roast chicken, cottage cheese

woop woop!!

lechatnoir Mon 21-Nov-11 14:37:06

Hello again,

To answer your previous post WMM, I'm already out for lunch sunday otherwise I would just do 5 days attack!! I've looked up Giraffe which is nearby and could have either a steak or plain grilled salmon so should be fine as long as I have enough willpower!!

Day 1 of attack for me so PP:
B: Vanilla muller light with oat bran & skimmed coffee
L: Smoked salmon & flaked salmon
D: roast chicken,omelette & fat free yogurt

Working from home tomorrow which is usually bad news for dieting so stocked up on picky bits like prawns, ham slices & crab sticks!
LCN

WentworthMillerMad Tue 22-Nov-11 16:29:35

I think you could do PV days at the weekend and have mon tue wed as protein days?
Sure it will balance out at the end of week!
I have avoided dinner invites as much as I could. It is sooo hard on the protein days!
Had smoked salmon and tuna for lunch
Ham and onion omelette for dinner. Looking forward to Thursday and have some veg and salad. Yum!
Going away to Dublin this weekend and plan to stick to gin and slimlines. No wine!

mixedmamameansbusiness Wed 23-Nov-11 14:25:02

Oh can I join?

I did 3 days attack and then could not take another egg,piece of meat etc.Today I have failed miserably it was a PV day but I just had some belvita.

Tomorrow until Sunday PP for me.

I have lost 5lb in a week and a half though.

I will be better tomorrow. I promise.

mixedmamameansbusiness Wed 23-Nov-11 14:25:37

Oh the picky things are the issue for me actually. I am a snacker and find this really hard.

WentworthMillerMad Thu 24-Nov-11 07:10:23

Hi mixed how you getting on - there is a good low carb thread with lots of members that helps.
Pp days are v hard, especially at the weekend.

lechatnoir Thu 24-Nov-11 10:02:58

Can either of you recommend a flavoured yogurt (fresh or frozen) I can eat on PP days? My colleage doing Dukan recommended the toffee/vanilla/chocolate sprinkles Muller Lights but they seem quite high carb (8g/pot) so I did a quick google search & it seems they aren't suitable. I can't bear plain yogurt and am desperate for a sweet fix smile
LCN

WentworthMillerMad Thu 24-Nov-11 11:31:38

Yes - I have 1 pot of WW lemon / lime yog a day. About 5.6g. Only 1 allowed though!

mixedmamameansbusiness Thu 24-Nov-11 13:16:12

I have Activia 0% fat ones. Limited to 2 I think as they arent flavoured but actual fruit yoghurts. They are what get me through PP days. Not sure if they are actually suitable though.

Today is going ok. I had belvita biscuit things for breakfast which I know is not allowed but it felt like a good start with my coffee this morning. Lunch was prawns, slice of beef and a few bits of chicken. Tonight I expect to have a tuna steak and probably boiled egg.

I checked this morning and have lost another pound, so 9 days and 6lbs lost despite me creating a few flexi rules of my own but sticking to the main principles. I imagine that means I could have lost more but am very happy with this.

How is it going for you guys? Do you fit in the 20/30 mins walks?

How much do you want to lose? I had 3 (possibly 3 and a half) to lose although last time I managed to lose weight once I got to 9 stone I felt happy so didnt lose anymore.

JBrd Fri 25-Nov-11 01:10:13

I've just heard about the Dukan diet for the first time and am reading up on it, wondering if this could be the way for me to finally start shifting my baby weight...
Can I ask if you guys do the diet through the Dukan website, with the personalised coaching, or if you bought the book and do it with that? I'm horrified at the price of the web-based coaching (over £200), but on the other hand, that might actually be a good motivation to stick with it. Or do you find that it works with the book?

The one thing I worry about is how on earth do diet when my DH and DS aren't - will I have to cook and eat separately?!

mixedmamameansbusiness Fri 25-Nov-11 12:48:57

JBrd - with diets for me it is always about when I am ready to commit properly so I am doing it with the book as I have just done the rock bottom cant stand the weight thing wink so am definitely in the right frame of mind.

What I find with this diet is that as long as it is without fat I eat the same as DH and DC but only the protein elements and veg on PV days. I am also a bit felxible with myself which may not work for everyone. For example as you might have seen I have sstarted eating belvita for breakfast which is not allowed. I am still losing weight but possibly slightly slower than I otherwise might, this is still much less than I would normally eat with toast, jam etc.

On PP days the problem I find is that I am often snacking on meat, prawns etc throughout the day rather than eating "proper" meals until the weight is off properly I am happy to do this though.

I did a 2 hour walk today with DS3 in pushchair, lots of hills etc and feel very good. Currently munching on leftover roast chicken and will have a yoghut.

chickenlickin Fri 25-Nov-11 17:29:45

I have just started! Bought the book and some oat bran from amazon. Feels ok at the moment apart from the snack thing, when on the protein attack phase (I am only doing 4 days) you can only snack on protein or natural yoghurt! I love smoked salmon but feel I may not be the end of this!! Had the oat bran in yoghurt & today I made the omelette thingy & was nice! I definately noticed I felt fuller & wasn't hungry in the afternoon! Only want to loose 1-2 stone. Guess it just teaches you to give carbs a miss. Looking forward to when the veg comes into play!! Haven't done any exercise yet as have a horrid cold but may do DVD few times a week, I also do Pilates to combat mummy tummy!!! Good luck everyone!!! Ps rump steak with cottage cheese and yoghurt for tea gringrin

lechatnoir Fri 25-Nov-11 21:15:42

Day 5 of attack and I'm looking forward to some veg!! Breakfast was oat bran gallette with scrambled egg, lunch was cottage cheese & mackerel (really sick of these grin) and dinner was a lovely sirloin steak with fried egg. I've lost 8 lbs in total but none today so 8lbs in the first 4 day shock.
Hope everyone's doing ok.
LCN

chickenlickin Sat 26-Nov-11 08:10:06

I had a few of those tiny gherkins & herb/chive cottage cheese with steak & prawns! Made it quite tasty, STARVING this morning and not really looking forward to breakfast.......

lechatnoir Sat 26-Nov-11 22:20:08

Day 6 (final day of attack) didn't start well when I weighed in at 1.5lb heavier shock but persevered & actually had quite a good food day:
Breakfast gallette with turkey slices
Lunch (eating out) grilled chicken breast (marinated in lime, tequila & chilli but took the skin off so minimal damage I'd say)
Snack: smoked salmon & quark with lots of lemon juice & black pepper
Dinner: Steak with a bit of quark & wholegrain mustard sauce (good!) and an egg which didn't really go but couldn't face just a piece of meat for dinner followed by FF yogurt with some splenda to sweeten (just bought this anyone know if it's OK?)

I've drunk masses of water today as I think I was slacking a bit & final (sorry TMI) been to the loo so feeling much better all round blush & hoping to see a drop tomorrow weigh in.
Out to my sister's for lunch & tea which will be a real test of willpower as she usually does a hge lunch and then a big tea spread for the kids (egg sarnies, choc cake etc). Lots of diet coke I think.

My first PV day tomorrow so grilled mushrooms & tomato with my egg for breakfast & I can't bloody wait grin

Does/did anyone here have a really sweet tooth? How are you coping? I'm really missing snack type food (crisps/cake/biscuits etc) and half of me wants a Dukan friendly option, but as you say Chicken it does make you realise how many carbs you used to eat & in some ways I'm finding it easier not to have the choice as I suspect I'd get carried away.
Keep it up guys!!!!
LCN

tiddlesthealleycat Sun 27-Nov-11 07:56:24

Hi all - can I join?
I lost weight with dukan earlier this year, finished in july at my target weight... however didn't keep up with the pp days one day a week... in fact i don't think i did any and the weight has crept back on and feeling a bit yucky again. Need to lose 3lbs so back to attack today... now where did i put my willpower hmm

WentworthMillerMad Sun 27-Nov-11 12:50:46

weekend away in Dublin - managed to keep off the food carbs, even in an Italian restaurant! Did sink some wine though so will do 4 PP days this week to compensate. First wine for 5 weeks, boy it was good!!

Don't join the Dukan website - read the book and stick with the thread. Catch up soon!!

mixedmamameansbusiness Sun 27-Nov-11 20:07:39

Good day today. Have lost exactly half a stone, will be two weeks on Tuesday.

I am missing fruit in a massive massive way and have to sneak a grap ein every now and then.

Good luck for tomorrow everyone, think I will do a PV day tomorrow as had PP today.

lechatnoir Sun 27-Nov-11 21:07:31

Well done on doing so well whilst away WMM that is tough. I had a minor relapse on my first PV day (half a small sweet potato plus forkful of cake) but considering we were out for a day of eating don't feel to bad. Really hoping for a loss tomorrow as plateaued these last few days.

chickenlickin Mon 28-Nov-11 12:43:24

day three of PP attack. I am actually really enjoying it! Lost 2lb so not a lot but at least with this diet I don't feel hungry or faint! Bit rubbish at breakfasts as dont have time to fart around cooking etc.
Lunch - homemade Dukan mayo with herbs
prawns
half tin of white crab meat
couple of mini gherkins
Oat Bran pancake thingy
One small chicken leg cold
Do you think this is too much!!!!!! By lunch time I have drunk 1xtea, 1x coffee and two pints of water! I am really into the oat bran as it really fills me up and curbs my hunger until tea time. Has anyone tried making muffins from the oat bran as a snack? Also silly question can kids eat them?

lechatnoir Mon 28-Nov-11 14:24:04

I tried making the oatbran 'cookies' and whilst they aren't totally awful, they are a bit weird and you need to grease the tin whatever the recipe says!!! Be interested to hear how the muffins go (& definitely can't see why the kids shouldn't have it too)

lechatnoir Tue 29-Nov-11 11:50:07

5 days now without showing a loss so reckon I'm going wrong somewhere possibly too much dairy eggs esp?. Yesterday I had:
B: 2 poached eggs with some
L: Oat bran gallette with quark & half pack smoked salmon
Snack: 1/4 pack wafer thin turkey slices
D: Roast chicken with curry sauce (FF yogurt, curry powder & mustard) followed by FF yogurt & sugar free jely
Snack: 1 small oat bran cookie
Water - may not be drinking quite enough: 3-4 cups of coffee (some decaf) with skimmed milk, a diet coke plus c.2 glasses of water.

Today is a PV day & looks like:
B: grilled mushrooms & 1 paoched egg smidge of low sugar ketchup
L: veg soup
D: steak & kidney pie (no pastry obviously) with carrots & cabbage followed by FF yogurt with a little splenda
Snack: leftover chicken

I'm off for a few days so exercise not great just 4 x 10min walks doing the school run.
Any thoughts to kick start the loss again?

LCN

WentworthMillerMad Tue 29-Nov-11 16:45:44

Hi lech it sounds like your food plan is spot on. I would keep going and you may find 2 lb come off at once?

mixedmamameansbusiness Tue 29-Nov-11 17:00:52

Yeah I would keep going, that plan sounds good to me. Perhaps the walking thing. Can you extend the school run? Like istead of going straight home go for a walk somewhere.

WentworthMillerMad Tue 29-Nov-11 20:48:30

Probably should stop watching professional master chef - makes me so hungry.
It's so strange to not eat anything this late - makes me realise how much food I used to munch in the eve!

This thread is not accepting new messages.