Talk

Advanced search

WW Pro points. I am a failure :(

(6 Posts)
Becaroooo Mon 24-Oct-11 21:42:22

I started WW PP diet a week ago. I need to lose 2 stone.

Stuck to it. Ate within the allowance, loads more fruit and veg and salad. No sugary drinks, biscuits etc

I have lost no weight at all.

How can that be?

WW lady thinks it may be my portion control, but on 3 days I didnt use anywhere near my PP allowance of 29.

Am really deflated. I dont do much exercise which I know I need to change but I am recovering from a herniated disc in my back and am still in pain and have to be careful what I do...was thinking I would start pliates?

What am I doing wrong?

EG: Today I had;
2 toasted crumpets and scrape of butter for b/fast. Plus coffee and Skim milk.
WW crispy bar, a banana & satsuma for mid morning snack
2 x ham rolls for lunch - half slice ham in each roll with scrape of butter
3 x jaffa cakes for mid afternoon snack
water
diet coke
No dinner as too depressed after weigh in sad
By my reckoning thats 21 points (?)....and I am not losing weight.

Any tips/advice?

The WW lady said that is happens sometimes but I think she was trying to cheer me up sad

rockinastocking Mon 24-Oct-11 21:45:24

I reckon you'll have a mega loss next week!

Also, your diet today seems quite bread-heavy - maybe go for ryvitas at lunch and lay off the biccies?

Propoints is really worth sticking at - only diet that's ever worked for me.

Good luck - and you are NOT a failure, no matter what the scales say!

rockinastocking Mon 24-Oct-11 21:46:46

Also, make sure you have your full points allowance, it really helps.

Under-do it, and you might send your body into starvation mode. It'll cling onto the fat, apparently.

JambalayaCodfishDIE Mon 24-Oct-11 21:50:14

I worked for WW when the points system changed - one of the first things we noticed was that instead of having a MASSIVE first week loss, people were having steadier losses of a 2-4lbs for the first month. It wasn't unusual to stay the same either.

My advice :

1) Eat all your daily points. It's important.
2) Weigh everything - guesstimates will cause you no end of trouble.
3) Drink as much water/sugar free cordial as you can
4) Know your portion sizes for fruit - just because its 'free' doesn't mean you can eat 3 punnets of grapes a day, they're still full of sugar!

Please stick with it. Also, the Weight Watchers online forum has a wealth of advice and is free to access.

Hope that helps. smile

Becaroooo Mon 24-Oct-11 21:54:35

Hi

Thanks for the replies!

I dont always have my full allowance so will try and make sure I do this week.....also havent been weighing things...just going by the sizes stated in the blue book.

Will drink more water.

Have been averaging salad 1 x per day and fruit 3 x per day so not too excessive I think?

BensonBunny Mon 24-Oct-11 22:00:56

Don't worry it will get better. I put on weight the first week, stayed the same the second then lost 4 pounds the third. It took me 7 months but I got to my goal eventually and so far have stayed there despite not being very good at all lately. I would agree with other comments about the bread. I found that I was more successful if I avoided bread most of the time, muesli for breakfast and salad for lunch work well for me (and I could still have a glass of wine in the evening!).
Good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now