Talk

Advanced search

Can I and how do I diet while breastfeeding?

(4 Posts)
Mollyfloss Thu 13-Oct-11 22:14:26

DC3 was born a couple of months ago and although BFing has done the trick with the weight loss after last two DC's (all gone in 3 months), the pounds don't seem to be falling off as quickly this time. I know I need to eat well while BFing but I'm overdoing it and need some help. Anyone have a diet/plan/program for a BFing Mum?

scotgirl Thu 13-Oct-11 22:36:40

You can do weightwatchers while breastfeeding - you get more points I think.

I found that it wasn't till I stopped breastfeeding that I finally shifted weight - I think my body was clinging on to it!

Low carb in the evening helped for me too.

Running is a great weight shifter and gives you skinny legs - I did the couch to 5 k program - fitable in with kids, as it take 40 mins max. I would be waiting at the door for DH to get in and run past him. Google - also lots of threads on here...

harverina Sat 15-Oct-11 22:51:05

Yes weight watchers allow extra points for breastfeeding mums - I am a member at the moment. The extra points vary depending on whether you are exclusively breastfeeding or weaning etc. I highly recommend it, its really healthy and I don't feel (too smile) deprived.

HappyCamel Mon 17-Oct-11 18:58:12

I'm using WW and bfing. 1.5 stone so far. DD is six months. You get extra points. I have learned that I often mistake thirst for hunger. Drinking a pint of water before each meal and one through the night has helped a lot.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now