Talk

Advanced search

Was this Cous Cous healthy?

(8 Posts)
HullEnzia Thu 06-Oct-11 17:03:16

I've just made cous cous but boiled it in tomato juice instead of water, added spring onion, garlic and corriander and sprinkled with a bit of cheese.

I'm trying to lower my carbs but despite the carbs in this, is it healthyish? it tastes GORG

cyb Thu 06-Oct-11 17:06:34

Well if you ate 2 dinner plate fulls, no its not healthy. If you ate a slim person's portion, go right ahead

you boil your cous cous?

Mummyinggnome Thu 06-Oct-11 17:09:00

Wholemeal cous cous? V good until you added the cheese!

HullEnzia Thu 06-Oct-11 17:13:34

Cyb, is there another way to do cous cous?

cyb Thu 06-Oct-11 17:16:14

Well I usually just put it in a bowl, pour boiling water and a crumbled stock cube over the top and cover with a plate until its absorbed, which takes a couple of mins- I fluff it up with a fork and add a bit of butter. I dont'cook' it as such. Then I bung in whatever I fancy

chickflit Thu 06-Oct-11 17:17:30

I don't boil my cous cous I just tip some boiling water on it, shove a plate on top of the bowl and 10 mins later it's soaked up the water and fluffed out - is that what you meant you did?

Sounds delicious though

foreverondiet Thu 06-Oct-11 20:34:22

Personally I wouldn't a meal like that. High in carbs, low is good protein. I do eat some carbs like cous cous if I've done a lot of exercise but I'd only have a small portion (ie 35g -40g uncooked). Plus I'd have it with lean protein (lean meat/chicken) and stacks of veggies.

cantpooinpeace Thu 06-Oct-11 20:37:12

On slimming world you could eat that in abundance and lose weight smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now