Talk

Advanced search

Just bought a Juicer! Who's going to start juicing with me?

(7 Posts)
goinggreennotgrey Thu 06-Oct-11 10:48:01

I've been thinking about doing it for ages. So last night, I order the Phillips juicer from amazon. Said it would arrive tomorrow. So I'm going to do some research today and have a plan smile

I would like to lose 7 to 10lbs. I thought that this would give me a jump start. I'll go with juice for breakfast and lunch and have dinner with the kids at night. Will probably try to load my plate with vegetables instead of the pasta/rice/potatoes that I give to the boys.

Fingers crossed I can manage!

smileitssunny Thu 06-Oct-11 17:15:13

Ha, we also just bought a juicer but the juice is being made into wine smile so probably not v helpful.
I would like to lose a similar amt of weight, but I just couldn't manage with juice alone. It's very sweet and would give me a sugar low fairly quickly.

goinggreennotgrey Thu 06-Oct-11 21:09:19

Wine, ummm, no not what I was thinking about hahaha smile I wish I could lose weight drinking wine!

I've looked up some recipes etc. I'm just not sure that it will be okay on my work days. Those would be the easiest to manage because I would be away from temptation. But I can't make the juice at work. So wondering if I could put it in a flask ad it would still be ok? Mmmmm, confused!

TheMightyBouche Fri 07-Oct-11 14:38:02

hi there - am a regular juicer and yes the flask is fine. Might separate a bit - just shake it up.

If you are struggling with just juice, especially now that it's chillier, have soup instead. Avoid ingredients like potato (starchy) and it's basically just like a warm smoothie. Mitigates the constant sugar-intake of fruit-based juices, too.

HTH.

smileitssunny Fri 07-Oct-11 15:02:48

Soup - great idea. Mmmm might have to go and make some now, while the kids are asleep...

smileitssunny Fri 07-Oct-11 15:03:10

Mushroom, I think!

PinkCustard Mon 10-Oct-11 12:26:47

The Juicemaster website has some good soup recipes on it, there's a v tasty mushroom one on there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now