We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Low carb help, please!

(2 Posts)
ali23 Wed 05-Oct-11 12:17:16

OK, folks, DH is type 1 diabetic and has been piling on the punds for the last few years. Last summer he successfully went low-carb and lost over 2 stones. Then our son arrived, things were turned upside down and the low-carbing went by the wayside.
So, we are back to it but a big part of the reason it went belly-up the last time was a sense of monotony around dinner-time. There really are only so many steaks and omelettes you can face!
So, you veteran low-carbers, do you have any nice meal ideas that are suitable for the whole family (we have 3 small kids?) Soups and stews greatly appreciated as are recommended cook books.
Thank you all.

QueenStromba Wed 05-Oct-11 19:51:39

How low carb are you going? I've been eating a lot of mashed swede in place of mashed potato and grated cauliflower instead of rice, couscous etc. Sauces can be thickened with guar gum or xanthan. I've not been going ultra low carb though, I've just been avoiding starchy foods. I have lost 10 pounds in 19 days though smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now