Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What's your favourite non-food treat?

(8 Posts)
racingheart Sun 02-Oct-11 23:30:30

I want to start a list, so whenever we want a small reward for losing a pound, or if we have had a lousy day and would love to reach for the chocolate, we can look on here instead and have a reward that makes us feel better long term.

Here are some of mine:

long soak in the bath with a magazine. Magazine gets trashed but it's such a luxury
massive cuddle with kids or cat
putting on exactly the right piece of music
buying fresh flowers

What are yours?

babycham42 Sun 02-Oct-11 23:32:08

reading a really good book.

kotinka Mon 03-Oct-11 15:02:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

bibbitybobbityhat Mon 03-Oct-11 15:08:57

Flowers. A lovely large bunch of lillies, or tulips in Spring. Or a new plant for the garden.

racingheart Mon 03-Oct-11 23:32:03

Kotinka, I know what you mean. Grabbing something to snack on is so instant that I don't bother with other small treats that often, but want to try to more.

Oh yes, a great book's a good one. And I want more flowers now. Don't buy them nearly often enough.

I'm wondering - because I comfort eat so much - whether lots and lots of tiny non food treats would help with this. Does anyone know? Has anyone replaced reaching for the choc and wine after a stressful day with something else that does the same trick?

babycham42 Tue 04-Oct-11 17:03:56

racingheart my other secret guilty little non food treat is watching the days episode of "Housewives of New York" which I have on series record.
I normally do this in the evening after the kids are in bed and I feel peckish and would love to reach for a bag of crisps.I love all the content but it helps inspire me as all the women have such lovely bodies and are so successful.It seems to help me as it"s a "reality" show. I know others may laugh at me blush but I"ve got (too) broad shoulders!!!!

Rooble Tue 04-Oct-11 23:14:14

I'm not sure if this counts as non-food or not, but I've taken to drinking Yogi Schoko-Tee (you can get it in holland and barratt) - you need to let it infuse for 7 minutes, and by the time it's ready you feel quite calm and ready to really enjoy and appreciate it. It has spices in that make it naturally sweet, so no need to add any sweetener, so it's essentially a cup of hot water. But lovely.

racingheart Tue 04-Oct-11 23:46:14

Rooble, that definitely counts, if it doesn't slow the weight loss.
Babycham - love it. They are very skinny aren't they? I love the idea of tv that stops you snacking. I just watch Location Location and try to work out if Kirsty's got thinner or I've got so much bigger that she looks like a twig in comparison. confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now