Talk

Advanced search

Forever, you've inspired me now tell me all your secrets!

(5 Posts)
PJFanClub Thu 29-Sep-11 22:18:56

perhaps I should change my name to ForeverFanClub!

I've read through your advice and responses on lots of threads and find your success and sensible outlook very inspiring.

Please can you put how you did it and what you did all in one thread?

foreverondiet Mon 03-Oct-11 22:54:05

Trying to wean myself off this board hence not replying sooner.

1. Be in right frame of mind
2. Regular exercise and fitness levels important, I like 30DS and running, or triathlon training or gym. Walk rather than car whenever possible it all adds up.
3. Write down EVERYTHING you eat, I like myfitnesspal!
4. Only eat if hungry, don't eat exercise cals unless hungry for them.
5. Eat clean - cut out sugar and refined carbs. Follow 90/10 for weight loss, and 80/20 for maintenance.
6. Cut down on other carbs - go for dukan but with veggies every day and some fruit.
7. Focus on body fat % and not on weight!
8. Do weight bearing exercise every day - eg press-ups I can now do 30 full ones. Do squats whilst waiting for kettle to boil.
9. Keep on going, see diet as new way of eating ie permanent.
10. Reduce dependence on aspartame and caffiene.

mamasunshine Mon 03-Oct-11 22:59:38

Great thread! Another forever fan here grin....just need to work on no1!

foreverondiet Tue 04-Oct-11 23:14:16

smile

Am coming up for my year anniversary of start of diet. I got into right state of mind after my mum was so rude - telling me I was so fat my weight was affecting my health and DS2 was only 10 weeks old!!!

I like "Adore Yourself Slim" by Lisa Jackson - I find that reading diet books helps frame of mind as does Paul McKenna. My philosophy is that there are lots of tools out there and should use all the ones that help!

Ran home from work today - 7.5 miles!

PJFanClub Wed 05-Oct-11 22:06:20

Congratulations on your success and thank you so much for sharing.

What a coincidence, I'm currently reading the Adore yourself slim book, (but bought it back in April!) think it is really good and the appearance is very original and appealing.

Wishing you continued success with your maintenance and your sporting challenges.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now