Talk

Advanced search

Can I shred if very unfit

(7 Posts)
messybessie Thu 29-Sep-11 07:23:25

Or do I need to do some other exercise first to get my strength up?

Not entirely sure I can run for a bus at the moment. Have had the DVD in the drawer for 2 months but still scared to open the wrapper, preferring to sit on the sofa and eat chocolate biscuits

sad

notyummy Thu 29-Sep-11 10:56:52

Yes you can - in fact at one point she says 'I have 400 lb people who do this, and so can YOU!'

There are modified versions of most of the exercises (there are 2 ladies who do it with her one of them does the easier version.) What you do need to accept is that it is going to feel bloody hard. But thats kind of the point. If it doesn't feel hard it wont be changing your body...and it is only 20 minutes, so every time you think you just carry on, she switches to doing something else.

I really recommend it - just don't eat loads afterwards thinking you deserve it, or you will ruin all your good work. smile

SouthernandCross Thu 29-Sep-11 14:39:15

Messybessie, I'm about to start if you want a buddy. I'm averagely fit at a walking pace but am size 20, so am wondering if it's for me too!

helpmabob Thu 29-Sep-11 15:16:54

Hi I understand you are meant to do this every day but how long is each session?

notyummy Thu 29-Sep-11 15:20:19

20 minutes

helpmabob Thu 29-Sep-11 15:21:49

So you just (and Iuse the term just very loosely) need to do this for 20 minutes a day?

notyummy Thu 29-Sep-11 15:41:13

Yes - it's pretty intensive for those 20 minutes though. Obviously you should be watching your food intake as well. As soon as you feel like you are not dying then you should move up to the next level or use heavier weights.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now