Talk

Advanced search

Should I Shred?

(4 Posts)
SouthernandCross Tue 27-Sep-11 10:21:26

I'm averagely fit in spite of being size 20 as I walk the dogs briskly for an 4-5 times a week. The other days I have my 3 year old with me so end up going at toddler pace.
My knees aren't great, so I can't run anymore.
On a practical level, could I do this do you think?
I won't be able to do it during the weekends but will do it daily during the week.
Would there be any benefit in this?
I'm not looking for weight loss as such as I'm dealing with that already but I need to up my activity levels and get fitter and fancy trying something to jump start me.

threestepsforward Tue 27-Sep-11 17:17:18

Hi SouthernandCross smile

The Shred lady (Jillian) says it can be done by anyone of any level of fitness/size/weight etc. so in theory you should be fine!

Buuuut, it is quite heavy going on the knees at points so it may not be ideal for you if your knees are a problem.

I think there are alternative moves you can do for ones that are fairly knee-intense (eg. lunges) but I'm afraid I don't know what they are off the top of my head.

If your knees can handle the exercises, I can guarantee it would be beneficial in terms of upping activity levels and getting fitter! And it's short, roughly 20 mins, so fairly easy to fit into the day...

Hope this is of some help smile

SouthernandCross Tue 27-Sep-11 17:50:30

Thanks for replying. I guess if something really hurts my knees, then I can just do something else for a bit. I can cope with lunges etc but I'm not so great if it's 20 minutes of high impact bouncing around.

bolshyvicky Tue 27-Sep-11 17:55:31

Yep. Do it.

I have dodgy knees and knees and Shred didn't hurt them particularly. It destroys every fibre in every muscle in your body, but not any particular part of it.

But it works!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now