Talk

Advanced search

Tell me the truth - 30 Day Shred, how hard is it?

(9 Posts)
Georgimama Tue 20-Sep-11 17:17:49

I can barely get through Davina blush and that was before I was pregnant. Now 8 weeks post C section I look down at the tum that makes me look 4 months gone and need to do something to my sorry fat arse pronto.

But I am not very fit. I am strong but not fit. Will the Shred actually kill me? And if it doesn't kill me will it make me look like the woman on the front of the DVD? Because that would be nice.

RedBlanket Tue 20-Sep-11 17:21:09

It's hard but because you do short bursts of activites it doesn't feel so bad at the time. The day after you will feel like you've been run over.
Sadly I don't look like the lovely Jillian but then I've never managed to get to level 3

Georgimama Tue 20-Sep-11 17:25:26

The day after you will feel like you've been run over

See this is the part that worries me. Aren't you supposed to do it every day?

Joby1970 Wed 21-Sep-11 08:23:45

I think saying you'll feel like you have been run over is a bit much (well maybe). You will however have trouble sitting down & getting up from the toilet! and going up & downstairs. However, this is just you muscles in shock at what you have put them thro. I did it for 6 days in a row & then took one day off & carried on like that. On the 2nd day you may feel like you can't exercise but you should be able to.
I would speak to your nurse first as you have had a C Section & inform her the DVD has core exercises in it. Plank which will be fine for a C-Section but also some crunch type exercises which she may tell you to avoid. But double check with her.
That all said it is THE best DVD out there for improving your shape.

Georgimama Wed 21-Sep-11 09:22:05

I haven't had post natal check with GP yet (thanks to HV cock up [grr]) so I am going to get the OK from him before starting.

Wish me luck!

Joby1970 Wed 21-Sep-11 12:39:33

good luck

foreverondiet Fri 23-Sep-11 13:31:07

I was gym fit and didn't think it was that hard. Never felt anything next day.

rookiemater Fri 23-Sep-11 22:56:40

I'm on stage 1 at the minute, its reasonably hard and gets easier, although I'm not sure its the DVD for you 8 weeks post C-section. Jillian is really keen on making sure you do the whole thing and not taking any rests, in your situation I'm not sure that's appropriate. Plus the bit where I have felt least difference is the abs, not convinced that they are worked enough to change ( or maybe its just that I can't see it under my belly!)
Have you been doing walking with the pram, I'd start off 30-60 mins a day of that until you get your post natal check.

Joby1970 Mon 26-Sep-11 12:34:48

rookiemater - re abs - yup you have to lose the fat off your abs to see them smile but the muscles are there x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now