Talk

Advanced search

Broken leg and piling on the pounds....kick up the backside required please.

(2 Posts)
serialscoffer Tue 20-Sep-11 09:03:22

Please, please can someone come and give me a stern talking to.

Up until 2 weeks ago, I was exercising loads and losing weight steadily just by cutting out the cake. Then I broke my leg....

Since then, all I have done is eat! (and lay on the sofa feeling sorry for myself!) I am piling on the pounds and feel awful.

Please can someone recommend an eating plan that doesn't require much 1 legged cooking. I really don't want to get out of hand as I have another month like this!

Thank you so much for any help or tips that you can provide.

kmarie2011 Tue 20-Sep-11 16:20:27

If you are going to snack, snack on fresh fruits and vegetables. Eating apples and a small handful of nuts throughout the day will help to curb your appetite. Practice mindful eating, chewing slowly and visualising the nutrients satisfying your needs. Drink lots of water. If you have the munchies, chances are you are just thirsty. Drink a large glass of water 20 minutes before eating to help you feel satisfied before you eat too much. Avoid sugar-free things or items with artificial sweeteners, they will do more harm than good because they end up making you crave more sweet stuff. Reduce the amount of sugar you consume in a day. You can start by putting less sugar in your tea, then less and less and less as time goes on. Avoid fruit juices and soda. A little fruit juice is good for you but it is high in calories and carbohydrates. Keep your starchy food intake to the size of a tennis ball per meal, and your proteins to the size of a deck of cards per meal. Most of your meals should be vegetables. Drink green tea all day long as this will boost your metabolism and help you burn fat. Some good cardio exercises to do without much leg movement would be anything involving punches. Punches are a great way to exercise while sitting down if you have to.

A few good books: Superfood Diet Rx, You Are What You Eat (Dr. Gillian McKieth), The Power by Rhonda Byrne
You can buy used books on Amazon for cheap, that's where I get all mine!
I have lost 5 1/2 stone since January 1st of this year, using this advice and more. I hope it helps you. Visualising is a great way to accomplish anything in your life, therefore The Power is a tremendously helpful book not only for weight loss, but everything else in your life too. You can do anything you set your mind and heart to! wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now