Talk

Advanced search

WW Propoints - zumba class?

(5 Posts)
SleepyFergus Wed 14-Sep-11 23:14:42

I've started going to Zumba - what intensity do fellow WW PPs reckon it is? Medium or High?? Can't believe Zumba isn't on their list tbh.

TIA!

Jenn1982 Thu 15-Sep-11 11:52:28

From what I understand, Zumba intensity is down to the individual instructor. Maybe ask your instructor what your class is intensity wise with regards to WW?

notyummy Thu 15-Sep-11 11:57:53

I would always err on the 'safe' side and go for medium. I am a bit hard core about exercise and think that any exercise of this nature is probably not as demanding as proper weight training/running (i.e sweat dripping off you/winded/shaky limbed at the end.)

HeyH0 Thu 15-Sep-11 17:24:53

I'd class a Zumba session as a 50:50 split of low:medium intensity. Low for the warm-up, cool down & less energetic routines; medium for the remainder. (WW: exercise & perceived exertion).

Also, if my heart-rate monitor is to be believed, the calorie burn suggested on the Zumba site is overly generous. I went to what was supposedly a 'demanding' class on a couple of occassions (when I was pretty unfit and several stones heavier than I am now wink) and burned less than 350 calories in an hour.

Aworryingtrend Thu 22-Sep-11 09:08:41

Hi I class zumba as aerobics which works out at 3APs for 45minutes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now