Talk

Advanced search

first ever time at weight loss class tomorrow - they won't ridicule me will they? (reassurance needed)

(4 Posts)
reastie Tue 13-Sep-11 08:37:38

Hopefully this is an unfounded worry hmm . I'm starting an NHS weight loss program which consists of an hours weigh in then discussion/talk and then a half hour excercise class. I've never been to anything like this and am a bit worried it'll be 'look at how fat you are do you know how unhealthy it is' <pointing fingers> type of attitude, which I know will just depress me and not help the situation. I'm also worried the excercise class will be too much for me - I used to be fit <sigh> but now I have no stamina or fitness of any sort and I'm worried I won't be capable of doing the class - it will be simple to begin won't it? They won't want to scare people off surely??.

I assume some of you have been to similar such things (like sw/ww etc) - am I worrying about nothing? Any reassurance or comments on what I can expect?

mopsytop Tue 13-Sep-11 09:05:53

not been to an NHS weight loss program but have been to WW and it is really supportive and lovely and noone would DREAM of pointing a finger or saying anything negative like that. The great thing is everyone is in the same position, everyone is there to lose weight, so it's like an all-in-it-together thing. Go for it! and don't worry about being unfit, that's what the class is for. Just go at your own pace and if you keep it up and go every week you will slowly start to improve. The main thing is I think to keep going every week and not get disheartened.

Like I said, only been to WW but that was really fine and everyone was lovely so don't worry! The fact that you're joining the class is already a great step!

keynesian Tue 13-Sep-11 09:20:39

I've not been to an NHS weight loss group but did attend an NHS stop smoking event and it was very supportive and not at all 'finger pointing' and blaming.

Re. the exercise just do what you can - you may surprise yourself!

Good luck and I hope you find the offered support helpful and motivational.

reastie Tue 13-Sep-11 15:20:29

thanks guys, fingers crossed smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now