Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

myfitnesspal or foodfocus?

(9 Posts)
TartyMcFarty Sun 11-Sep-11 13:14:56

Looking for recommendations - who's had success using either one of these, or something else? Suggestions please!

UpsyDozy Sun 11-Sep-11 13:17:35

Love myfitnesspal as it has a phone app and a website. Has loads of foods on there and a barcode scanner on the phone which makes things very quick and easy!

Only downside for me is that unlike Weight watchers there is no concept of "saving" calories for a week or any set period which means you can't ever really relax or treat yourself. You get extra calories for exercise though.

All in all I'm finding it a bit easier than WW as calories are easier to count than points.

Another for MFP. It is really easy to set up and works everything out for you.

I looked at food focus but felt MFP was a better set up.

Have been doing MFP for 4 weeks and have lost 11ibs.

TartyMcFarty Sun 11-Sep-11 15:25:33

Oooh, that's good going! I've never thought in calories before, so I've no idea how the calculations compare with WW points.

foreverondiet Sun 11-Sep-11 16:16:38

I love MFP.

I save exercise calories for the weekend. It means some days I have a deficit and some days I have a surplus but I make sure it evens out over the week.

UpsyDozy Sun 11-Sep-11 16:40:34

foreverondiet do you find you still lose weight doing that? I'm only asking because I've been really strict with myself on 1200 calories all week and I baked some brownies "for the kids" yesterday....grin

Lisatheonewhoeatsdrytoast Sun 11-Sep-11 16:41:58

Love myfitnesspal, i lost 10lb using it over a couple of months, to take me to my ideal BMI of 22, My DH has lost 1st 1lb, it's brilliant!!

foreverondiet Sun 11-Sep-11 18:14:55

I don't think you can blow the exercise calories on things like extra chocolate brownies, too much sugar and refined carbs. But a bigger balanced meal out with a taste of dessert... Yes did lose on that.

TBH I am maintaining now so don't always log at weekends anymore. I only eat exercise cals if hungry though. No point in eating them otherwise...

ladydeedy Mon 26-Sep-11 16:07:41

love MFP! have lost 12lb and it's been so easy. it motivates you to exercise as you can earn extra calories but I try not to "eat my exercise" unless v hungry! Also you can look at a week view, so you can see how you've done over a whole week's intake rather than just focussing on one day so you get to put things in perspective if you've gone over your "allowance" for a day or more.
It's so simple and you learn to make choices - do I have a glass of wine or do I use my calories some other way? smile. So you never feel deprived. Plus you can have "friends" on there so there's support if you want it too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now