Talk

Advanced search

Curves gym AND best diet for a foodie

(3 Posts)
Cristiane Thu 08-Sep-11 14:46:00

Hi

A curves gym has opened up near me. Can anyone give me their views? Are they good? Any successes or failures out there? Seems to involve diet too?

I am feeling so fat and untoned at the moment. Weight has just crept up and I saw some photos recently that really shocked me. I hate it. I thought something like this might help

Also, I love cooking and eating. I am also looking for the best diet for people who LOVE food... I really love it. I don't eat ready made things. I don't eat much sugar. I just eat too much. It's getting me down.

TIA

Joby1970 Fri 09-Sep-11 12:46:55

Personally I wouldn't bother with a Curves gym - it's very one dimensional - if there is a local authority gym near you I would try that. Trust me no-one is looking at you they are all to busy wiping sweat out of there eyes! smile. a mix of resistance (weights exercises & cardio is best).

If you want to try something a little cheaper to start with try Jillian Michaels 30 day shred DVD - only 20 minutes - hard but effective.

re diet - there are lots out there - I found Slimming World good - good for people who like to cook from scratch too.

Good luck. PS excellent person on here to speak to is FOREVERONADIET - she ia a complete guru.

DoesItWearingWellies Fri 09-Sep-11 12:50:37

I have no experience of Curves gyms, but I can say that the Slimming World diet seems to be a good diet for foodies. I have just started it and they have a new scheme where loads of foods are free foods so you can eat as much of them as you like. Vegetables, lean meat and even pasta are free.

I would advise that you find a club and stay for the whole meeting as it can be really inspirational and motivating rather than "weighing and going". It seems that people typically lose 4-5 lbs in their first few weeks, then a steady 2-3 lbs peer week after that.

If you find that after 4 weeks you haven't lost any weight, they give you your money back.

WRT exercise, have you thought of doing something like the couch to 5k/10k? For the 10k, it only takes 13 weeks following a plan 3 days a week. You could even have a goal of a charity run for 6 months time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now