Talk

Advanced search

I really need to turn over a new leaf in terms of eating and exercise - help!

(4 Posts)
WhoWhoWhoWho Wed 07-Sep-11 18:53:23

I am very greedy, I eat and eat and the weight is piling on.
I like sweet food, I like savoury food, I like all food!
I don't stop eating even when I'm full and a savoury meal is followed by a craving for something sweet and I usually have something sweet too.

I tried only last month to get a handle on my diet and up my exercise levels and started eating healthly and doing the shred dvd but I lasted less than a fortnight. I live with just DS and have no self control or discipline. blush

I don't know what to do!

I bought a wii the other day so I am hoping to use that now ds has gone back to school. I don't know whether to join WW or not - I did it once years ago (the counting points version) and it worked well for me so that's an option I guess.

I'm just looking for some advice, sympathy, inrpiration really.

DoesItWearingWellies Thu 08-Sep-11 01:27:25

I've just started the Slimming World diet and so far it looks really easy - they have a really simple new system where loads of foods are "free" foods so it's really hard to actually be hungry.

I know what you mean about the sweet/savoury cycle - I've found chewing gum or brushing my teeth helps as it's not so much that I want something sweet, I just want to change the taste in my mouth as the sweet taste is preferable to a savoury one, IYSWIM?

Have you thought about committing to do a 5k/10k run or mini triathlon for a charity? Give yourself 6 months to train for it, and you never know, you might want to do another one! Following something like the couch to 10k plan only takes 13 weeks, 3 days a week. This website gives details of a couch to 10k app, but also gives instructions of how to do follow the plan, including warm-ups and cool-downs. If it wasn't for various health issues, I'd do this in a heartbeat. Just make sure you get a decent sports bra - you don't want to give gravity a helping hand wink.

Don't forget that weight loss isn't about quick fixes, but an ongoing lifestyle change (which is possibly the hardest thing to accept!).

Good luck!

ledkr Thu 08-Sep-11 01:36:19

im on my 4th day of sw,its going well but seems too good to be true.I have had some problems with wind tho blush all the veg and beans i think. grin Ill bee thin with no mates.

WhoWhoWhoWho Thu 08-Sep-11 10:40:56

Thanks for replies.

I've never done SW before - the only worry I have with 'free' foods is I have no 'stop' trigger where I stop eating because I'm full. I just carry on eating and eating so I would worry that I was still eating too much.

I can't imagine running but I know people say how addictive it is. I am an outdoorsy person but only in fair weather. grin I don't know maybe I should look into it.

I definitely need to change my whole lifestyle for the long term - a rather huge prospect!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now