Advanced search

What diet are you on?

(19 Posts)
lollipoppet Tue 06-Sep-11 20:47:55

And what did you eat today??

I'm looking for inspiration smile

GeeinItLaldy Tue 06-Sep-11 20:55:08

Torture and deprivation.

Breakfast: bowl fruit & fibre with fresh strawberries, half a banana and greek youghurt

Lunch: Homemeade soup

Dinnner: small portion homemade lasagne with vegetables

Plus 45 minutes brisk uphill walking on the treadmill.

Feeling inspired? No. Me neither.

afishcalledmummy Tue 06-Sep-11 21:01:40

Plain old calorie counting.

Breakfast was wholemeal toast with peanut butter.
Lunch was tuna salad with wholemeal bread and a yoghurt
Supper was prawn pilau (on Good Food website as one pan prawn pilau) - super yummy and under 400 calories and fruit for pud.

Circuit class at lunchtime for some extra calorie burn.

lollipoppet Tue 06-Sep-11 21:14:59

ha Geein! well i was hoping people would mention chocolate and amazing weight loss!
fish how many calories are you allowing yourself? how long have you been dieting and have you had any loss yet?

babycham42 Tue 06-Sep-11 21:17:31

Right up to 30 mins ago I was on the low fat no junk diet.
Now it"s the sausage,beans and chips diet thanks to my thoughtful DH surprising me with tea!grin

afishcalledmummy Tue 06-Sep-11 21:32:04

Lollipoppet - I've been going three weeks and have lost 8lbs. That's on 1200 a day (100 - 150 more if I exercise) and I've had a few days off when we've been entertaining/entertained. Have 12lbs to go to target and hope to get there by early November as the weightloss is beginning to slow now.

I'm logging everything on myfitnesspal on my iPhone which keeps me on track and love the BBC Good Food website for finding low calorie, tasty meals.

If I fancy chocolate I have some. I have a multipack of treat sized chocolate buttons in the fridge. Each little pack is only 75 calories and they satisfy a chocolate craving.

GeeinItLaldy Tue 06-Sep-11 22:31:24

Overall, I've lost in excess of 6 stone. Which sounds impressive until you learn that it's only about half of what I have to lose in total.

I do have some chocolate but I try to keep it to about 100 calories worth at a time. Occasional blow-outs are managed by extra punishment at the gym.

It's shit. But it works. Do let me know if you discover the miraculous chocolate diet, though. I shall take great delight in telling my personal trainer where he can stick his kettlebells when you find that diet!! grin

HowToLookGoodGlaikit Wed 07-Sep-11 08:09:03

None, I am using Paul McKenna.

I ate seeded bread toast & peanut butter

scampi fries

tomato soup & croutons

sweet chilli salmon & veg

I have lost 2 stone at least, it could be more but I dont weigh myself. I can feel the difference.

HowToLookGoodGlaikit Wed 07-Sep-11 08:10:54

... and I could have chocolate for dinner/lunch/breakfast if thats what I wanted grin Im just not a fan of chocolate lol

Aworryingtrend Wed 07-Sep-11 09:24:19

I'm doing WW, I'm on 29 PP per day and yesterday I ate:

B- 30g branflakes with milk and a banana
S- grapes
L- tomato and basil soup (homemeade), 3 oatcakes with soft cheese, parma ham and salad, melon
D- chicken breast with herb and breadcrumb crust, potatoes and veg
S- curly wurly

Today is
B- 2 rashers bacon, an egg and mushooms
S- banana
L- tomato and basil soup, oatcakes, tuna and sweetcorn and mayo
D- Italian lamb (lamb in tomato sauce with pasta or rice)
S- Blue riband

Aworryingtrend Wed 07-Sep-11 09:25:51

GeeIn that is so amazing you have lost 6 stone, you should be so proud of yourself.

rubyrubyruby Wed 07-Sep-11 09:26:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MrsHoolie Wed 07-Sep-11 13:18:37

I am doing Slimming World. I have lost 3 stone and 1 and a bit more to go.
Brekkie - muller light and fruit.
Lunch- eggs and bacon on toast
Tea - chilli con carne and a curly wurly for tea. I snack on fruit all day.

Doilooklikeatourist Wed 07-Sep-11 13:32:49

I have decided to drop a dress size ( or 2 hopefully ) can't cope with weighing myself , I just look at the scales, think I need to lose so much weight , I can't do it . And go off and have a biscuit.

So I've given myself until Christmas to fit into a lovely evening skirt ( that I can't squeeze my fat body into at the moment ) and use that as a guide.

So today I will be eating / have eaten...
Breakfast activia prune yoghurt and raspberries
Lunch HM butternut squash soup
Dinner wholemeal pasta with fresh tomato soup and grated cheese
Snack on fruit
A glass of wine in the evening

See how it goes.

lollipoppet Wed 07-Sep-11 15:48:18

Six stone is well impressive Geein! well done

now, this paul mckenna thing... you could actually eat chocolate all day and lose weight?? (obviously i know that is not true!) what is it all about then?

I don't tend to fair too well on diets where you can have unlimited stuff (like SW) as i gorge...

I am looking forward to getting my phone back from repair to use the myfitnesspal again afish, I have used it before and it is fab.

Thanks for responses smile

Leverkusen Wed 07-Sep-11 15:53:00

I'm on WW.
Breakfast- 2 crumpets with dairylea cheese. Half a banana and some cherries
Lunch- roast vegetable cous cous, salad and ham. A skinny cow ice cream :D
Tea- it's going to be 'rustic fish and chips' form this week's magazine.
That's going to leave me with enough points for a G&T this evening!

HowToLookGoodGlaikit Wed 07-Sep-11 17:14:14

Yes, you could eat chocolate all day and lose weight. But you really wouldnt want to! Come and have a look at our thread, the basics are in the first post. You might eat choc for all meals for teh first few days as its a novelty and such a freedom to eat what you want, but it very soon wears off! You want your food to be as tasty as possible, and most crap food doesnt taste as good as you think when you eat using the rules!

babycham42 Wed 07-Sep-11 17:29:54

Big improvement on yesterday.Earlier I had marmite on wholemeal toast and a battalion of tomatoes.Just had grilled sardines,fresh runner beans and sweetcorn for tea.
Delicious! I actually love "so called" healthy food so it helps!

babycham42 Wed 07-Sep-11 17:35:16

I"ve always found that cutting the little things (ie sugar in coffee/tea) and changing to low fat (skimmed milk etc) along with:
Not eating any biscuits,sweets,crisps etc
Only eating non processed food (ie no pies,nuggets,burgers etc)
Increasing activity levels dramatically,

usually works without having to get hungry!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now