Talk

Advanced search

Can you please talk me into joining weightwatchers

(13 Posts)
racingmind Mon 05-Sep-11 12:06:40

Ok so I need to lose 2 stone. Self confidence at rock bottom and something has to change. Keep SAYING I'm going to do weightwatchers but fear of failure holds me back. Am scared its going to be too complicated (calorie counting, weighing out food etc), too restricitive (I LOVE food) and a waste of my money if I cant stick to it for these reasons. Would probably do it online as really hard for me to get to classes.

And yet I know it must work so I just want the confidence to at least try. Sorry if this sounds really wet but I suffer from anxiety.

Any personal experiences of ww to give me the motivation?

CompactDisc Mon 05-Sep-11 13:21:34

Hi Racingmind,

Just wondering, when did you have the baby?

Later CD

HowToLookGoodGlaikit Mon 05-Sep-11 14:44:14

Sorry, I wouldnt talk anybody into joining weightwatchers
smile

ppeatfruit Mon 05-Sep-11 15:49:44

Nor me I'd talk you OUT of joining it and into Paul Mckenna for a PERMANENT weight loss that does not involve spending money on c* foods and humiliation!! smile

ppeatfruit Mon 05-Sep-11 15:52:17

Oh i forgot to say i've lost my target 2 stone on Paul Mckenna and I'm maintaining it's fab!!

foreverondiet Mon 05-Sep-11 15:55:11

Me neither, I think its a waste of money. I agree about the c*ap food. And I'm not convinced it works in the long term.

If you want to keep count of what you eat, and weigh food try myfitnesspal - its free!

If you need help with willpower try Paul Mckenna.

DottyDot Mon 05-Sep-11 16:00:12

Different opinion again from me - I'd say if you're going to join anything, join Slimming World grin I joined a few weeks ago, have lost a stone and there's hardly any weighing stuff and counting. The food plan's sensible and not at all restrictive and it feels do-able. 3 stone more to go but it's the first time I'm actually thinking it might just be possible...! smile

HowToLookGoodGlaikit Mon 05-Sep-11 16:12:50

Im also going to suggest Paul McKenna, best think I ever did (after years of WW/SW/RC etc)

ppeatfruit Mon 05-Sep-11 16:20:29

Yeah IMO W.W etc make people fat!!

racingmind Mon 05-Sep-11 16:37:16

wow these are not the responses I was expecting! I was expecting lots of ww success stories. So what is the go with Paul McKenna then, what does that involve?

foreverondiet Mon 05-Sep-11 16:45:55

I agree about WW making people fat. Thats why they have made so much ££££ you part with the £ you lose weight, you gain weight, you part with more ££ you lose weight, you gain weight...

In order to break out of this cycle and find a permanent solution, you need to do 3 things:

a) Change eating habits – Paul McKenna deals with this
b) Easy decent food – NOT necessarily stuff that’s low in WW points – but unprocessed food ideally in its natural state - Slimming world good for this
c) Weight training – losing weight results in muscle mass loss, making it easier to gain weight again.

ppeatfruit Mon 05-Sep-11 17:04:06

Well firstly you can google Paul Mckenna i can make You thin and you can get his books and C.Ds on amazon (BTW i've done it with just reading my DD2's book and seeing some of his T.V. shows). Then away you go!!smile we're very kind and unmumsnettily supportive on the thread !! see you there ?!

HowToLookGoodGlaikit Mon 05-Sep-11 20:21:15

The first post in our thread explains the basics smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now