Talk

Advanced search

Recipes for Autumn/Winter Lunchtime Salads/Slow Cooker Meals - Busy Days Ahead!

(2 Posts)
working9while5 Sat 03-Sep-11 17:31:49

Hi there

Looking for inspiration!

I am about to have a very hectic couple of months. I had been working 2.5 days a week p/t but am about to work 3.5 days in 3 (8 - 5.30) and I will be studying similar hours for another two days. I live 1.5 hours from home. This means that M, T, W, Th and S I will be basically out of the house from morning til night, and it will be like this until Christmas.

I need to be able to eat something fairly substantial in the daytime but I am not really a fan of soup (without crusty white bread and butter, anyway!) and my access to microwaves etc will be variable. I want to start ttcing in December, and I have a stone and a half to lose by then so there won't be an awful lot of wiggle room for eating out etc.

I also need slow cooker/slow roast recipes that are reasonably easy to prepare and not ultra calorific, but will feed dh and ds (22 months).

Tall order? Not for the MN Big/slim/whatever weight loss club, right?

Even though I'm not one to eat tomatoes unless they are well hidden in a curry sauce/on a pizza?

Totally doable? Right? <shifts on feet nervously, looks around, bites fingernails>

yogabird Sun 04-Sep-11 08:36:22

<lurks with interest> Just been given a slow cooker and haven't even opened the box!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now