Talk

Advanced search

Overeaters! Come join me here in sorting ourselves out

(5 Posts)
TheWorldKeepsSpinning Thu 01-Sep-11 19:17:01

I have read a a book about Eating Less (Gillian Riley) and am going to try to face my food addiction and kick it.

It makes it clear in the book that we mustnt think about losing weight. The weight is a sympton of what is wrong and weight loss should not be the goal, though its a good consequence. Taking control of overeating and improved health and wellbeing are better ones.

The first step for me, and anyone who wants to join in, is to set proper meal times and stick to it. I tend to snack a lot. Sometimes all day so this is a very big step.

The idea is to set a time for breakfast, you are free to stick or not stick to that time as you are in control, and to eat what you planned (again its your choice whether or not you want to stick to it). Then you choose the time of your next meal etc.

Anyone want to tackle this thing together?

sloggies Thu 01-Sep-11 22:58:37

I can give it a go....I am borderline diabetic, and have to be careful about low blood sugar, but the principle sounds good.

HowToLookGoodGlaikit Fri 02-Sep-11 07:01:01

There is another thread about this that might be useful for you to read, it was posted on fairly recently. They were using the same book smile

TheWorldKeepsSpinning Fri 02-Sep-11 09:52:05

I'll try to find the thread. It's a really good book.

So. I've had my breakfast which was an omelette and one slice of wholemeal toast.

I'll wait until 12.30 now to have my lunch which will be a salad with chicken and I'll have a fruit yoghurt for a dessert.

I'll have a snack of a piece of fruit at 4

Dinner will be at 6 and I've got a vegetable and prawn stir fry with some rice.

Darnsarfupnorf Fri 02-Sep-11 12:30:58

im exactly the same! dds 5mo now so shes starting to have her meals too so im going to use that as a guide i think smile

ive messed up today so im going to make my plan today and start tomorow!

good luck xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now