Talk

Advanced search

Gonna start running, but what are the most comfy (like slippers) running shoes that you can recomend please?

(5 Posts)
justhe1 Thu 01-Sep-11 15:36:26

Never even run to the bottom of the garden, but the couch to 5k is very appealing.

Need decent shoes that wont make me blister/sore etc.
Which are best?

munkysea Thu 01-Sep-11 18:35:46

Hurray for starting running. It's great fun. I've never done the couch to 5k but I've heard good things from people who have.

The best running shoes depends on the shape of you feet and where you will be running. I'd pop down to your local running shop or a chain shop like Start Fitness who can look at your feet to see if you have wide or narrow feet or high arches or flat feet for example and recommend shoes based on this.

Good luck!

belgo Thu 01-Sep-11 18:37:17

Yes go to your local fitness shop, get advice on what trainers to buy; then buy them off the internet for half the price.

mychildrenarebarmy Thu 01-Sep-11 18:43:01

ditto about going to a running shop.

foreverondiet Thu 01-Sep-11 23:17:14

I love my asics and they are super comfortable but you need to get advice at fitness shop. Depends on how you land....

You can then buy subsequent pairs off the internet. I'm too embarassed to get the advice and then not buy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now