Talk

Advanced search

Slim fast/ meal replacement shakes when out and about?

(7 Posts)
MrsMeow Thu 01-Sep-11 13:06:16

I know it's not the best diet ever but I'm doing Slimfast at the minute with pretty good results so far. It's been fine over the hols when I've been at home but I'm about to start uni so obviously will be out and about, and I really don't want to stop doing it if I can help it.

I've got a shaker thing that I use at home to mix it, but I don't fancy carrying it around in my bag as it looks likely to leak easily. Any ideas on what I could use instead? I do have a couple of the small ready made bottles, but they're pretty expensive and I'd need at least 5 a week!

The only other option is to take the powder in a tub and milk in a flask and mix it, but I thought I'd ask in case I'm missing a really obvious solution!

Thanks smile

BoisJacques Thu 01-Sep-11 14:02:03

Don't they do bars/ready made shakes in a carton with a straw?

BoisJacques Thu 01-Sep-11 14:07:39

Otherwise powder in the 'milk' part of a small thermos (these work to kerep cold aswell as hot) and the milk in the thermos part.

foreverondiet Thu 01-Sep-11 16:02:50

Not sure if this would help but DH has protein shakes at work. He carries the powder in 3 way formula milk thing. He mixes in a sports drinks bottle (with water though) - he found one with a very tight lid!

Could you mix with a carton of UHT milk, or buy skimmed milk powder and then you can mix the slimfast with water and the milk powder?

Or I bought these to keep bottle of formula cold, could work for you?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Vacuvin-Rapid-Ice-Mini-Cooler/dp/B0001MEKAS/ref=acc_glance_kh_ai_ps_t_1

Make up at home and pour into leakproof sports bottle, and stick one of the minicoolers on it? Would stay cold until lunchtime.

MrsMeow Thu 01-Sep-11 22:30:56

BoisJacques, they do do the little sizes, but they're over £1 each whereas I can get a whole tin for £5 which lasts ages. The thermos is a good idEa though, will have a look smile

Foreveronadiet, the formula thing is a great idea! I had one when the DC were babies, didn't even think of that. UHT milk a good idea too!

Thanks both smile

foreverondiet Thu 01-Sep-11 23:33:21

easiest would be to buy this: link

Put the dried milk and slimfast in 2 parts of avent container, and then you just need to mix with water. Get a sports bottle and measure a line to how much water you need and then add both lots of powder.

BoisJacques Fri 02-Sep-11 08:18:42

Thermos is actually designed for this purpose - carrying hot or cold liquid smile The milk, if nicely chilled when pouring in, will stay nice and cool. And you can shake it in the thermos too. How is slimfast? I am thinking of doing it, as I am doing cambridge but with a meal so don't need the sole nutrients , especially not at £2.40 a shake!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now