Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Eeek! So September is the month I get back on the wagon...

(5 Posts)
GrownUpNow Thu 01-Sep-11 09:51:28

Got on the scales. I've gained nearly two stone during a period of illness. I'm still not one hundred percent, but I've got to stop gaining because it won't help me recover.

I have three important parties this month as it's my birthday, so eating on those dates will not be limited by diet, but other than that, I need to get back into the swing of things.

I am 13 stone and I want to get beneath 11 stone by Christmas time. I'll probably calorie count and increase my exercise rather than join any diet club.

Anyone want to join me in Thin by Christmas?

AngryFeet Thu 01-Sep-11 13:35:27

Me! I am also 13 stone (well maybe a few pounds over blush). And would like to be near 11 by xmas smile I will also be calorie counting as it is the only thing that works for me and I can't be cutting out carbs or treats. What exercise are you going to do? I am going to walk the kids to and from school on the 2 days I don't work, do an exercise DVD on my two free mornings and also start running again at the weekend (just a mile or two to start with - I am majorly unfit).

TheOriginalNutcracker Thu 01-Sep-11 13:40:51

Me please. I am starting on Monday once the kids are back at school.

I have put just over 2 stone on since last christmas and I now weigh 11 stone 3.

I'd like to be 9 stone. I struggle with motivation, but I am being bridesmaid in a years time and I do not want to look like this then.

Calorie counting never really works for me. In march last year i lost a stone by cutting down on carbs (not out, cant do that), smaller portion sizes and exercise.
Trouble is, I had the motivation of having to get naked in front of a younger man then and so it was easy, but I don't have that now LOL.

TheOriginalNutcracker Thu 01-Sep-11 13:41:26

Oh i also need to get back inot the habit of walking to do the school run too.

GrownUpNow Thu 01-Sep-11 19:36:39

I am planning on starting on Monday too. I have a bike and trailer, so intend on walking the boy to school whilst pushing the bike, then going for a ride with DD every day. Just keeping it fun to start with, not counting or making firm plans that way. Once I can do that without really struggling, I may take up some swimming when DD starts nursery and fancy a Wii game to do with Zumba for a bit of fun.

I prefer calorie counting to cutting anything in particular down. I eat the same, just less, and I start off only cutting down a bit and then week by week trying to find the best calorie intake for weightloss.

I'd love you both to be my buddies on this, need the encouragement really.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now