Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Weight watchers pp-do I need to eat my full allowance for the day ?

(12 Posts)
GwenCooper Tue 30-Aug-11 19:36:48

I have been doing ww pro points fow 2 weeks and have not lost a pound. I am v well within my points allowance. I am probably managing on about 15 points a day.

Typical day would be 30g porridge oats with fresh fruit and couple spoons low fat yog for breakfast, zero points soup for lunch and chicken breast with loads of veg for tea. Snacks of fruit morning and evening. Drinking water or tea with dash of skimmed milk.

This is loads less than I was eating not sure why I am not losing. Do I need to eat more ? I am not hungry.

foreverondiet Tue 30-Aug-11 21:15:08

You should lose weight eating that... very odd.

Might be better though to add some protein to breakfast and or lunch.

Are you coming up to TOTM? Are you drinking loads of water (2 litres a day).

GwenCooper Tue 30-Aug-11 22:37:37

I am probably not drinking enough as hate plain water. The only diet that I have ever lost on before is low carb so I am wondering if maybe my body just holds on to carbs in any form. I just can't face never having fruit or veg though.

Littlefish Tue 30-Aug-11 22:41:59

You definitely need to eat your points allowance every day. Whether you eat your weekly allowance is up to you, but it is important to eat your daily points. It doesn't sound like you are eating enough, and I agree that you should definitely try and eat some protein at at least one more meal per day. I've been following WW since October last year and have lost 4 stone so far.

foreverondiet Tue 30-Aug-11 23:20:38

Once you add more protein, ideally at each meal (and no, 2 spoons of yoghurt don't count, protein content is minimal) it will be more calories/ points.

No need to give up all carbs esp of the veggie sort but you MUST drink more water or body will retain fluids and you won't lose.

re: daily points, I haven't done WW but I think be guided by how hungry you are (suject to eating more protein and drinking more water).

I eat protein at each meal and at one of my snacks eg eggs for breakfast, fish with salad for lunch, cottage cheese and ryvita as snack, chicken and veggies for dinner (plus a couple of fruit as well)

MrsWajs Wed 31-Aug-11 09:06:33

Gwen You MUST eat all your daily points, if you don't your body will think it's starving and therefore you won't lose any weight!! You don't need to cut out any food groups either, each food group is important for different reasons. If you don't like plain water try no added sugar diluting juice or diet drinks i.e diet coke etc.

I joined WW about 6 weeks ago and have lost 10lbs already and I still eat carbs, chocolate, basically whatever I want just in moderation. It does work if you follow the plan properly smile

foreverondiet Wed 31-Aug-11 12:26:55

I don't agree with the comments about the diet drinks, fine to have one diet coke as a treat each day, but for many the aspartame slows weight loss down. Also diet coke (but not diet squash) contains caffiene.

re: body thinking its starving, would not be a good idea to go below 1200 calories a day, but as many fruit veggies are free on weightwatchers, def possible to go under on points but not starve yourself.

Also you wouldn't go into starvation mode that quickly anyway. I think its that you are not drinking enough so your body is retaining liquids.

Leverkusen Wed 31-Aug-11 12:55:48

There really is no point paying to be a member of ww if you are going to make up your own plan
wink

You need to be eating all your dailies.

You're not hungry now because it's only the first couple of weeks... when you've been doing it a few months 29 points will not feel a lot.

Today I'm having 2 rashers bacon, 1 egg for breakfast, soup for lunch with a WW orange and choc bar, chilli mince in peppers and bread and butter pudding for tea.

Seems like a lot of food but I know this diet works!

I would say get rid of you 0pt soup because you don't need it. I often have a big salad with low fat houmus and slices of cooked chicken etc.

Also even though fruit is free don't overeat it. A woman in my group eats 3 punnets of strawberries a day among other fruit and then wonders why she doesn't lose.

Drink 8 glasses of water each day.

Good luck for a good loss next week!

GwenCooper Wed 31-Aug-11 14:01:57

Hi thanks for all you replies. After years of battling with Atkins and Dukan I think I have real psychological difficulty accepting carbs as ok.

I am going to make an effort to eat all of my points. I am sure I can manage it as have a huge appetite. I would tend to make a massive batch of 0 points soup then eat the lot in one sitting blush.

I find protein at breakfast hard and this was one of my failings on low carb diets but will add at all other meals.

Yesterday my fluid intake was 2 cups of tea and a ww hot chocolate before bed so need to try harder there I think. I guess all that soup satisfied my thirst.

Anyway I am newly motivated. The shame of my window cleaner congratulating me on my pregnancy last week was too much to cope with !

MrsWajs Thu 01-Sep-11 16:44:51

Foreverondiet - I'm not advocating drinking 2 litres of diet coke each day!! Am just trying to offer OP suggestions, anyway you can buy de-caf if you're concerned about caffeine intake. Fair point about aspartame but can't say I've noticed any effects personally.

Perhaps a little strong of me to suggest your body might think it's starving if you don't eat all your points, but it's a fact that if you don't eat all your daily points you won't lose weight.

Good luck Gwen smile

foreverondiet Mon 05-Sep-11 15:51:18

"it's a fact that if you don't eat all your daily points you won't lose weight."

Really, its a fact? For everyone? Are you saying that weightwatchers is the only diet that leads to weight loss? And that anyone who eats less than the number of points that weightwatchers would allocate them would not lose weight?

IMO your body will think its starving if you are hungry and you don't eat. Yes some hunger may be necessary at the start of a diet if you've been overeating esp carbs, until you get into the diet. But after that there shouldn't be hunger. Thats why Paul McKenna is so great, and thats why I hate the idea of being reliant on diet drinks, esp ones containing caffiene as I think they suppress hunger.

re: the aspartame, varies by person, some people report reduced weight loss, esp if more than 500ml a day is being consumed.

However I do agree that little point in paying for weightwatchers and then not eating daily points.

HowToLookGoodGlaikit Mon 05-Sep-11 16:18:47

I think all the talk about "starvation mode" and "not eating your points" is all crap. That would be like saying soemone doing Paul McKenna (like me) or doing calotie control or even VLCD like LighterLife wont lose weight! Of course you lose weight if you eat less. Foreveronadiet talks sense. Feed your hunger, dont eat when you are not hungry, stop when you are satisfied & nourish your body. Its not hard! I would never advocate someone eat when they are not hungry, just to use up some "points".

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now