Talk

Advanced search

What next after 30 day shred??

(8 Posts)
ellenbrody Tue 30-Aug-11 13:02:32

So, i am due to complete L3 of the Shred on Sunday (if I don't take any days off!) and am also due back at work after the holidays on Monday.

What can i do next? I need to tone and firm, specifically tummy and thighs, maybe lose a little weight. I will be short of time due to working F/T, having 2 DC's and doing a degree too, but I want to carry on exercising as I can see the benefits.

I know my weakness, if it all becomes too much of a 'hassle', i won't do it. The 20 min aspect of the Shred was the big appeal TBH.

Can anyone suggest any DVD's that they have found good please?

blabalalalablabla Tue 30-Aug-11 13:09:56

Why not just continue shredding? You could do alternate L1,2,3 which would give you some variety? I've been shredding on and off for the last year and it is the only thing I've stuck to.

I like the 20 mins aspect of it as I can fit in a workout first thing without it impacting too much on my day - I have been looking at her Banish Fat and Boost Metabolism one which is 40 mins however I think you could probably cut out one or two of the seven minute circuits to keep it shorter.

foreverondiet Tue 30-Aug-11 19:03:41

Definately Ripped in 30! same but harder! Although only available currently in US format so you need to do on your PC.

But IMO worth continuing to shred for at least another couple of months, until you can do the whole thing on the hard versions of all the exercises, including 30 full press-ups and using 3kg or 4kg handweights on all the exercises etc before going for Ripped in 30.

ellenbrody Tue 30-Aug-11 21:16:49

Thank you for your replies, I think I will carry on shredding, upping the weights and perhaps using weights for some of the cardio stuff esp if doing L1. Maybe by the time I've done this, ripped in 30 will be out in UK format!

beachholiday Tue 30-Aug-11 21:25:53

No More Trouble Zones - I went on to it after about 6 weeks on Shred and generally do 4 of the 6 minute circuits for a workout. Works v well for toning. I pick different circuits for different body zones on different days, depending on mood/goals. 20 minute aspect is a huge part of the appeal for me too wink

ellenbrody Tue 30-Aug-11 22:52:55

beachholiday - if you do 4 of the circuits, is that about 20 mins too?

LondonSuperTrooper Thu 08-Sep-11 16:55:31

I'm interested in this as well. I would like to have a 20mins workout after finishing the 30 day shred.

beachholiday Mon 12-Sep-11 00:39:20

Each circuit is 6 minutes so 4 of them is 24 minutes. Plus warm up and cool down. I continued to get very good results doing that 4-5 times a week. And I like picking which area to work on - each circuit is aimed roughly at a different body section.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now