Talk

Advanced search

Dukan Diet - 3 days no weight loss

(4 Posts)
Piglett Fri 26-Aug-11 07:46:28

- that's it really. To be honest I'm at my heaviest weight for a while, lost baby weight last year and it has crept back on - mainly due to eating too much, some naughties like quite a bit of chocolat and too much wine.
3 days of Dukan and I have lost no weight, I know I'd have lost a least 3 lbs not drinking and eating naughties. Is this diet not for me or should I do at least another 2 days before trying an alternative?
Anyone had a poor start in terms of weight loss and then gone on to achieve great results? I do at least 3 or four classes or jog/run (5 miles at least) a week but jeans that I should be able to wear and breath and walk in are resisting me

rufusnine Fri 26-Aug-11 21:10:23

Try the Cambridge diet!! worked for me 17 2 t0 13 7 Having shakes soups and bars remove the hassle of food for me and now i am "normal" weight for my height 5ft 8in - obviously not skinny just someone who passes in a crowd! 5 years and although i slip into bad habits sometimes a month on cambridge puts me right!!! Some say its expensive but as you eat no "real food" it really is not that bad!!

oncemorewithfeeling Sun 28-Aug-11 11:19:51

I am a dukan newbie. On day 4 of attack. So not really the right person to post, but you're not getting any long term dukaners advising so....

From the book I think your prob might be small cheats. He says eating even a tiny bit of carb has the effect of puncturing your weight loss balloon. I think you either have to commit totally to Dukan or you'd be better off on a calorie controlled diet. Or have a look at the quality of protein you're eating. More lean meat less fatty stuff/eggs. Not too much dairy...make sure your fat free dairy doesnt have added fructose or other fruit sugars. In the UK I have not yet found a brand of fruit low fat/no fat yogs that doesnt contain fruit pulp. So really check the sugars on your yoghurts. Or dont have more than 2 a day.

Finally are you drinking enough? Could it be a bit of water retention due to TOTM? That could mask a loss that you'll see in a few days. On my first day of Dukan my weight went up by 600g!

How are you doing now?

foreverondiet Mon 29-Aug-11 16:21:42

I found that I lost well on dukan BUT only if I limited dairy - he allows up to 1kg shock a day. I limit myself to 300g - of natural fat free greek yoghurt or cottage cheese only both of which are very low in carbs (4g-5g per 100g each), so 300g is around 12g-15g of carbs. If you had the 1kg he allows in the form of milk or other yoghurt could be 100g+ of carbs a day - this is a huge difference.

Personally I think better to have less dairy and more low carb veggies - ie don't do PP days if the only way you can get through it is lots of milk carbs. I gave up on PP days very early on for that reason.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now