Talk

Advanced search

Doing slimming world since May- utterly bored stiff now

(4 Posts)
BimboNo5 Wed 24-Aug-11 19:36:55

Loved it when I started, now ive got to the point where I wake up dreading thinking about what I can eat (same old, same old) and what I cant (basically anything that makes life easy or tastes nice). Im thinking of joining WW or is that out of the frying pan into the fire? Help!! Im so disheartened

emsyj Wed 24-Aug-11 19:39:36

I was a long-term WeightWatchers fan until I thought 'ooh might try Slimming World for the unlimited Mullerlight!'

I gave up after one week and haven't eaten a Mullerlight since.

Go for Weight Watchers. They have changed the program recently and you can now eat fruit without counting it as points, which I think is a big improvement, and the new weekly points allowance is good too. It's a lot more flexible than SW I think.

BimboNo5 Wed 24-Aug-11 19:43:29

Thats the thing, I work long shifts and I found I was spending most of my days off cooking meals to freeze/take to work and it has been damn relentless and no fun. If I forget to take my meals or dont get time to prepare them im forced to either go without or scratch around in the canteen for anything remotley slimming worldy which is usually a boring old jacket potato and beans, which ive had in abundance.

emsyj Wed 24-Aug-11 19:48:45

I found SW very restrictive - and really complicated too. I couldn't get on with it at all, although I know a lot of people absolutely love it.

One tip for Weight Watchers is that you might need to spread your weekly bonus points to use some each day. They have basically squeezed a couple of points off each day to give you a 'bonus points' allowance each week that you can use for wine, eating out, treats etc, but it does leave you with a rather meagre daily allowance IMO. But if you like fruit it might be okay! I found that I had to eat fruit for breakfast to be able to have a proper lunch and tea each day on the daily points, but it was good being able to have a big pizza and wine within the weekly allowance.

Good luck with it, I do think WeightWatchers is a realistic and flexible plan.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now