Talk

Advanced search

Please help...I'm am the worlds worst yo-yo dieter, I feel rubbish...I just want to get to my target weight.

(6 Posts)
JerryFud Wed 24-Aug-11 19:29:00

I don't know what to do. I'm so rubbish at this. I'm 5'6 and weigh between 11-11.5 stone, I say this as every week it seems to vary depending on how well I've stuck to the diet that week.

Last year I got down to 10'6 and felt great but gradually it crept up again and at Christmas I was 12.5 stone again. Since then I've been up down up down. I just want to get to about 10stone and stay there.

When I say dieting I generally just try to cut down carbs and count calories allowing myself 1000-1200 a day. I try to run at least every other day for about 20-30mins (could do with doing longer but find it hard to fit it in.)

I just have no motivation. I'm rubbish at saying no to a drink at weekends, swapped to vodka and diet lemonade thinking it would be better than wine but to be fair I really don't think it makes any difference! Then DH always suggests cheese and biscuits or pizza or something and it goes downhill!

I'm sooo fed up with going up down up down. I just have no sticking power, I don't no what to do to get me motivated. I don't want to be dieting for months and months, thats my problem, I start, do two really strict weeks lose half a stone and then get fed up and things start creeping in. How do I stay motivated?

I just brought the Harcombe diet book for my kindle and have been sat reading it thinking perhaps if I followed an actual diet it might make it easier....I just love food that is bad for me though!!

Please, please, any ideas on how I can get and stay motivated...any tips, any advice? Sorry for the long post, I'm just so fed up with it today, I need to do something! smile

itstheclimb39 Wed 24-Aug-11 19:49:36

Am watching with interest as you sound just like me sad, I desperately need a big kick up the butt!

JerryFud Wed 24-Aug-11 21:28:53

Hi itstheclimb! Its rubbish isn't it...I'm sat here now all geared up thinking right thats it tomorrow I'm going to do it, I'm going to start properly and lose at least a stone. Surely it can't be that difficult?!!

MumPotNoodle Thu 25-Aug-11 08:34:33

<sits on the bench with JF and it's the climb sad>

Same old couple of pounds lost and gained since end of May blush

steben Thu 25-Aug-11 08:38:04

I am exactly the same - dead strict then have no will power come the weekend. It is wine and pizza which is my downfall! Someone once said to me to follow an 80/20 rule - be good 80% of the time - bad 20% of the time. I have not managed it yet - it is still more a 60/40 rule! If you crack it tell me how....

mumtoted Thu 25-Aug-11 08:41:01

The Harcombe Diet may be good for you to follow as it forbids calorie counting. It sounds to me as if you're not eating enough, which could be explain the yo-yoing as you must be bloody hungry! Good luck with it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now