Talk

Advanced search

Target weight?

(6 Posts)
mollycuddles Tue 23-Aug-11 22:09:57

Since dd2 was born - 15 months tomorrow I've been gradually losing weight. I've always been overweight but had reached terrifying levels and a new baby at 39 was the kick up the backside I needed. I am now pretty much the lightest I've ever been and 12 lbs from a BMI under 25. I'm a size 12 top half in most shops now and size 14 on the bottom. My body fat percentage is about 32. I'm perfectly confident I'll reach a healthy BMI in the next 6-8 weeks. Have been consistently losing about one kg a week since January. So, all good but I'm wondering if there's any way of knowing what the best weight for me would be. There seems a massive range suggested. I'm large framed and can't imagine being less than a 12 as I have broad shoulders. I want to reach a target weight and settle there without yo-yoing but how do I decide when I'm at the right place. Been doing this on my own so nobody to ask.

peggotty Tue 23-Aug-11 22:13:31

If you are large framed you can add around half a stone to your 'healthy bmi weight i think They're are frame/bmi calculators online (sorry can't link am on phone). Congrats on your weight loss, that is absolutely fantastic, you must be really proud of yourself!! smile

Wiifitmama Tue 23-Aug-11 22:15:26

I have been doing similar to you. I have lost 6 stone and am about 13 pounds until I reach 25 BMI too. I am aiming to get half a stone below that weight. I have found, surprisingly, that I am smaller framed than I thought. Not broad shouldered at all. I am still larger on the bottom than the top, and don't think I will get much smaller on top as i am already wearing a size small on top. But i am aiming to get smaller on the bottom. I have nothing to base this on, but I think that you will know when you get there. your weight loss will probably slow. And you will feel right.

mollycuddles Tue 23-Aug-11 22:27:33

Thanks wiifitmama. Hope you're right. I'm a completely different shape than I thought too and have shoulders wider than my hips! Always thought I was pear shaped but I'm not at all. Tis very weird. Bit bored of dieting now. Want to becat target and then can concentrate on fitness more. And getting quicker at running. Sick of being overtaken by carthorses.

Wiifitmama Tue 23-Aug-11 22:30:57

I always said I had large bones. I so don't! Shame I can't use it as an excuse anymore! I know what you mean about wanting to be there now. But it won't be long in the scheme of things. I am also trying to get quicker at running. I recommend running speed intervals. It has done wonders for me.

foreverondiet Wed 24-Aug-11 07:02:03

I started at 12 5 (when DS2 was 6 months old) and my goal was 9 10 (pre DD weight). When I got there I decided I was quite enjoying my diet so I'd aim for 9 5 (the weight when I got married in 1997). When I got there, I decided to keep on going!

I am now 8 7 (weight loss has stopped) - and I am well toned and I feel great and have been maintaining for several months now. My BMI is 20.5 and body fat around 17%-18%. Six pack beginning to show! DS2 now 16 months.

The last half stone came off whilst focussing on fitness/weights/running though, although did continue with MFP - last half stone took ages because I was building muscle at same time, so only 0.5 pound a week.

Anyway I now have no loose skin (was loose on tummy at 9 10) rock solid thighs/abs. Now a size 8, always thought I could never be less than a 10 due to frame size! Infact M&S size 8 too big!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now